KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic indicates, I am currently a Raptor 700 owner. I do love the bike and I am always looking for improvement. A few of my friends have KTM bikes, but no quads as of yet. I would be interested, but I think that I may wait for fuel injection to be integrated in. As well I can cetainly wait until the price comes back to earth, and the dealerships want to negotiate some (I fully realize that their is no need to negotiate at this point).

Does anyone have any input on wheter or not KTM plans on fuel injection, or a larger displcement engine? I mostly race in the desert, down in Baja. In fact headed down next weekend (Feb 22-25) to San Felipe. If anyone is going down, please let me know and we can hook up for a beer.

Congrats on the forum, I will continue to contribute.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
As the topic indicates, I am currently a Raptor 700 owner. I do love the bike and I am always looking for improvement. A few of my friends have KTM bikes, but no quads as of yet. I would be interested, but I think that I may wait for fuel injection to be integrated in. As well I can cetainly wait until the price comes back to earth, and the dealerships want to negotiate some (I fully realize that their is no need to negotiate at this point).

Does anyone have any input on wheter or not KTM plans on fuel injection, or a larger displcement engine? I mostly race in the desert, down in Baja. In fact headed down next weekend (Feb 22-25) to San Felipe. If anyone is going down, please let me know and we can hook up for a beer.

Congrats on the forum, I will continue to contribute.
thanks for your contributions, we all appreciate it. as far as i know the 525 will be as big as they go in a quad for now. dont forget ktm does offer big bore kits in 540, 576 and 610 sizes. also i dont see ktm moving to fuel injection anytime soon. they have had way too much success using carbs on all of there bikes; so that was an easy translation for them.

but to tell you the truth who knows what will be next. the big bore quad market has changed quite a bit in the recent years. you might want to check out the article written by chris vogtman in this months atv sport titled, "speed freaks". he starts the article by making a great comparison of the big-bore shifter class now as compared to 36 months ago... check it out, his articles are always a good read!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Calif has CARB 6 rules and eventually FI will be necessary.
Big push for more stringent air quality for MC/atvs in Suckramento.

I like FI for easy starting, and no problem on trips to higher altitudes. No need to re-jet.

Yamaha has been very quiet about the YFZ for the past few years, a new YFZ is suspected to offer more suspension, more comfortable rider position, and FI so one would expect KTM to follow.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Calif has CARB 6 rules and eventually FI will be necessary.
Big push for more stringent air quality for MC/atvs in Suckramento.

I like FI for easy starting, and no problem on trips to higher altitudes. No need to re-jet.

Yamaha has been very quiet about the YFZ for the past few years, a new YFZ is suspected to offer more suspension, more comfortable rider position, and FI so one would expect KTM to follow.
Agreed...from what I understand KTM is taking the stance the for racing (just what they advertise this thing is meant to do) that the carbs were more reliable at this time versus some of the wiring problems that come with the FI bikes...

I have heard that during the Baja run that just about everything comes alive and tears stuff off your bike...and from what I have seen? I believe it...You do have to admire the simplicity of a carbed bike...

And yes I am a HUGE fan of the FI...if the KTM had it? I would already have one sitting in my garage...I still may but it was a major detriment for me...just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Bronson, thanks for posting the article - I've been watching for a comparison between the XC and the Raptor. I pick up my 525 in about 2 weeks, but I almost bought a Raptor - nearly came down to a coin toss. I had already made friends with the Raptor, but then the KTM came along with its fancy suspension and 4 piston calipers...Anyways, thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.