KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get things thrown together for this weekend at Pell City and Rocket Ron re worked my rear shock and I will be getting that tomorrow (huge props to him for a quick, quick turn around! :bow: ). My question is, i know i saw on here that fox's for the stock arms are 18.6" eye to eye so i pulled my fox's off my suzuki and they are 19", could i put those on my Sx just to get by for the weekend til fox gets my fronts to me? Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
just buy mine already, gosh.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
You could probably try them for a quick fix, just bring your stockers along incase you feel there is binding or anything.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i was going to put it on a stand, pull the shocks off and let the a arms drop all the way down and measure how long it is from eye to eye and make sure that distance is longer than the shock, that way i know it wont reach the binding point with the shocks on, and jake, sell them to me for my sponsored fox price and we have a deal lol i already ordered a set from fox but they wont have anymore made til next week :huh:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Dang Ronnie, you're moving right along on the mods list, haha but its expected since you're running proAm. Jw but wouldnt the longer shock make the front end sit a little higher? Or can you compensate for that in shock settings?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang Ronnie, you're moving right along on the mods list, haha but its expected since you're running proAm. Jw but wouldnt the longer shock make the front end sit a little higher? Or can you compensate for that in shock settings?
im going to try and compensate for it in the settings, thats what i like about these fox shocks, all air and so much adjustability. As soon as i get home from pell city ill be tearing the motor down for my mechanic so he can build it for Ballance and by then ill have the right shocks on it, i just put the shocks from my zuk on and everything bolted right up, as soon as my rear shock is here im gonna put it on and head to the track to get it all setup

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Awesome stuff, that sx is gonna be a friggin Beast after you get that work done, look forward to seeing it at Ballance, I will defintely be there.

Btw, you get your LTR sold yet?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I would say there would be a point where movement of the suspension has a sudden catch or rough spot in it then smooths back out. But I guess they could still bind without actually feeling much of a catch or sudden rough spot in the suspension travel. Since it is only .4" difference I would say it wont be real noticeable at all. And Im not sure if there is even a definitive way to tell for sure if they are in fact binding or not, just by feel I would say, someone correct me if Im wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts