KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how and the hell do you get that thing off? mine is stuffed full of grass and i can get it out of there...i only spent about 20 minutes trying to get it off yesterday before i had to stop...

it seems like the only way would be if i took off the bolts holding the radiator on? anyone else having the same problem??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, I trided to take that of to. I´d even tried to take of the radiator with no success.
doesn´t understad how

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Haven't had mine off, but looking at the exploded view it looks as though there are 4 mounting clips or bolts after you take the side scoops off.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took all the bolts off and had all the clips removed and everything but the son of a b!tch is in there so snug..i cant see how i can get the damm thing out without taking the radiator bolts out?

i cant get the thing clean with just a pressure washer so idk what to do? anymore help would be great!

thanks, later

·
Registered
207 Posts
Haven't had mine off, but looking at the exploded view it looks as though there are 4 mounting clips or bolts after you take the side scoops off.

*Radiator*
Yes, they are quite easy to take off, but then is the frame just in front of the radiator.
Wonder if you have to take of all the hoses to get it of ?
Very tricky :/

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I'll sit down in front of mine tonight with a rum when I get home & see what I come up with.

I'm sure Bronson has had his off once or twice.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yeah it's a pain, I pic mine out with needle noses then compressed air. Gonna setup a fine mesh screen out around the chassis to stop the crap before it gets there....... did that on my YFZ's with great results.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wellllll..................lol

i cut the two sides off.....and left the center in there.. i can lift the center up and then blow out the sides..and everything rebolts on and still fits real well so it worked for me!

pretty basic...i felt kinda bad cuttin it up but dammnn..theres no way easy way to get the thing out and i couldnt leave it packed full of grass and other crap...so she's clean now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts