KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, how do you think isnt ktm atv too small for 6' 5'' , 95 kg?
i never saw it in real, some people say its real small for that height. but some say you can adjust steering?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I'm 6'0" & 98kg fully dressed. I don't have a problem at all with comfort. probably the best bike I have ridden for my size. They appear small to look at, but everything changes when you climb on 1.
Also have a mate about 6'4". He has ridden it & looks quite large on it, but said that it felt very comfortable & everything is in exactly the right spot.
Hope this helps you a little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply
i will try to sit on 1 as soon as possible and see how it feels. and what about top speed of it mph ? can it beat stock Raptor 700 on acceleration and top speed ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am 6'6" and 255 and I love it. I am not quite as comfortable as I was on my DS650 but its not bad. I have the rox pivoting risers to push the bars up and forward and that helps. I can't run with the fenders for aggressive cornering because my knees hit them but overall I am very happy with the fit. Yep pretty easy to beat about any stock quad as long as you are a good rider.

Lvr

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I am 6'6" and 255 and I love it. I am not quite as comfortable as I was on my DS650 but its not bad. I have the rox pivoting risers to push the bars up and forward and that helps. I can't run with the fenders for aggressive cornering because my knees hit them but overall I am very happy with the fit. Yep pretty easy to beat about any stock quad as long as you are a good rider.

Lvr

we need to change lvr's name to jolly green giant.... j/k
i am 6'3" 240 all geared out and the quad fits me perfectly. i was affraid that it would feel too small, but it works really well. i typically need a +2 stem and cr dbl hi bars, but i can honestly say that i dont need either for the ktm. my ltr & yfz were useless w/o a stem & bars. i tested the new kfx back in july and felt like i was riding a kid's tri-cycle, way too small for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
thanks for reply
i will try to sit on 1 as soon as possible and see how it feels. and what about top speed of it mph ? can it beat stock Raptor 700 on acceleration and top speed ?
i ran a raptor 700r last year that is moded and ktm will def out run in low end when the ktm is pinned in 5th the raptor prolly just shifting into 5th

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats pretty cool i'm not worry now, i'm waiting now to try it , but i'm confused to choosing between new raptor and 525k, after try will see
whats the top speed 525 or 450 ? i think that acceleration of ktm is better cause of shorter gears than raptor or am i not right

·
Registered
35 Posts
People call me a lot worse things than jolly green giant so that's okay. I wouldn't get the raptor. They don't fit me at all and the ride and build quality are nothing compared to the ktm. The stock suspension works great for my weight although for serious mx i would need to stiffen mine up.

Lvr

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
People call me a lot worse things than jolly green giant so that's okay. I wouldn't get the raptor. They don't fit me at all and the ride and build quality are nothing compared to the ktm. The stock suspension works great for my weight although for serious mx i would need to stiffen mine up.

Lvr

ha, it was a compliment for sure. i could only wish i was as tall as you are... life would have been a lot different for me. did you play any sports in hs or college?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No sports, I just thought they looked like too much work! I wish I was a couple inches taller and I would stand out a little better. My favorite line is when someone asks me if I played Basketball, I ask them if they ever played miniature golf.

Lvr

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'5" 200lbs and the only thing I don't like is, the corners on the tank really bang up my knees. With that said if fits much better than most quads I've tried over the years. If your tall you just have to deal with these things like trying to find 36" long pants

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.