KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in an attempt to make products that everyone wants, I'm looking for you guys to give me some ideas on parts you'd like to see for the KTM quad.

Though everything can't be done, I will try and do my best to help you all out with what you need.

Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
430 Posts
Im in for the break extender

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got my materials ordered for the brake pedal extension.

I'm looking for some innovative ideas...

I've also got a heatshield in the works for the carb, since the exhaust seems to run pretty tight to it.

Jay

·
Registered
253 Posts
maybe a aluminum or carbon fiber air intake box?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, and I'm so stupid that I threw away my stockers last week.

I will try and get something going with those, but it might be a little bit. I've got alot of stuff in the works for the KTM, I just hope it interests you guys..

Jay

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I believe Rath sells just heelguards.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I believe that the GT Thunder sprocket guard from a honda will work on these, but what about a good durable (not easy to bend) rotor guard? I've only see one, either on here or ktmtalk, i dont remember, but i'd like to see one just a bit thicker as im sure that back rotor is expensive!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to make a carbon fiber sprocket guard, but don't know how that'll hold up. I can make a steel or aluminum one too if needed..

Jay

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I think steel or aluminum for both of those is the way to go.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I think they only offer them with nets, not the full aluminum.
Yea, they have nets instead of full metal guards. I love mine, you don't even know you have them on until you need them. Plus its a lighter setup than a bulky all metal heelguard.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yea, they have nets instead of full metal guards. I love mine, you don't even know you have them on until you need them. Plus its a lighter setup than a bulky all metal heelguard.
Will they fit the stock pegs or do you have to buy their pegs too?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe that the GT Thunder sprocket guard from a honda will work on these, but what about a good durable (not easy to bend) rotor guard? I've only see one, either on here or ktmtalk, i dont remember, but i'd like to see one just a bit thicker as im sure that back rotor is expensive!

I have the JB racing rotor guard that he makes for the factory team. Its thick enough to protect it. I have no worries about it. Its about as thick as a .250 prm skid off of my old 450R.

And the sprocket guard is not the same but GT Thunder makes one for the KTM.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Will they fit the stock pegs or do you have to buy their pegs too?
I'm not positive since I have the nerfs and heelguards. Call them at 320-234-7223 and talk to Chasity.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts