KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post has nothing to do with KTM . But I hope someone can help. I bought an 03 RM 250. It didnt quite run right when I bought it. Seemed jetted too heavy. I put an FMF Fatty Pipe, Power Core 2 Silencer, Twin Air Filter, new plug, V-Force 3 Reeds, and rejetted. The plug looks good after some idling and wide open runs. It still doesnt seem to open up all the way. Does anyone have any opinions on what might be wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd take it to a shop for a compression test. Your never going to get it set up right if piston/ rings/cylinder is wore. If it is the piston ect. , get a bore job done take it up 1 or 2 sizes and you should be ok. Be to hard to trouble shoot a bike that you don't know how hard it was rode before you got it. If Compression is good then we can probably help you out further.
-Voodoo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compression is good. Runs strong down low. Checked power valves. No sticking. Im outta things to try. Does anyone know how much tension should be on the power valve spring. It revs clean and quick with out a load. I should have bought a four stoke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts