KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any major problems that have rose to the surface with the new sx quads yet such as like the LTR 450 having major tranny problems, yamahas early lines of the yfz having poor lubrication in the motor. Wana make sure I am completely confident beofre i drop $11600 if you know what i mean. Also has anyone got any Dyno numbers yet of the new sx quads.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I dont own one myself. But so far the sx is pretty well set up! Most people are comparing them to about 50hp with the free mods! the oil filter isnt available except in Ohio I guess. Other than that I havent heard than they MIGHT leak oil... :huh:

I plan on gettin one as soon as my dealer gets it in B)

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I had a cracked ignition cover, but that problem seemed to be from shipping. The quad only had .3 hours on it when it happened. Its at the dealer right now waiting for the cover.

Otherwise I havn't heard anything that went wrong with them.

Thanks, Jay :D

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Has there been any major problems that have rose to the surface with the new sx quads yet such as like the LTR 450 having major tranny problems, yamahas early lines of the yfz having poor lubrication in the motor. Wana make sure I am completely confident beofre i drop 600 if you know what i mean. Also has anyone got any Dyno numbers yet of the new sx quads.
my guess is that there wont be any of the issues that the ltr suffered from... dont forget this motor was introduced in the bike for the 2007 model year. ktm has had two years to get any bugs worked out before putting it in a quad...

ktm's workmanship & quality of materials are such a step above all other quad manufacturer's. i have personally owned all japanese factory 4-strokes except for the canadian ds450. i must say that nothing can even begin to compare. matter of fact its not fair to compare them as they are apples & oranges... i have a very close friend who has a pair of 08 ds450x's and they are the closest thing to the quality of the ktm. i have owned a renegade and honestly was shocked with the quality as i wasnt use to it coming from polaris & yamaha utilities.

honestly you cant go wrong with the ktm. if you want to compete "out of the box" then get the ktm otherwise buy one of the other's; but by the time you get any of the other's ready to honestly compete you will have spent more than it would have cost just to buy the ktm to begin with.

i hope this helps, good luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
no complaints here! it might just be too good

·
Registered
207 Posts
I´ve been driving my Xc for 52 hours now, And the biggest major problem that I had is tje ball joint.. can understand how they could be worned out already. Not good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts