KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem but I keep hurting my arse on the edge of the seat. Like the foam is to soft and I bottom out the foam and slam into the base. Feels great everywhere else just when Im hanging off the quad and my butt is on the edge of the seat and I hit a big bump in the turn. Just jabs my bonely arse. LOL My question is will the quadtech foam and cover help to fix this? Who runs it and whats your thoughts? Also if you have the hump how do you like it?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Cheaper solution... Riding shorts ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
we have quadtech hump seats on both of our xc's & love them. I used to have the same problem, also the edges of the seat would rub on longer races. the quadtech takes care of both issues, and is much more durable. I went through 3 oe seat covers in 6 months, have had both quadtech's for 4 months now & still look new.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you able to get back far on the seat with the hump? Ive heard its a little far forward and makes it hard to get on the back of the seat??

·
Registered
114 Posts
you can pretty much move back as far as you want. It has never once hampered either my son our myself. My son has had a custom hump seat on his ltr's for 2 years so we jumped on theese as soon as we found them & neither of us would give them up. great product.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yup I could barely walk after the last MX meet, the seat pan drilled me up the butt and in the thighs something fierce...............

I used to use the CEET high density foam in my Yamaha's to fix the problem, sounds like the QT foam / cover is the go !

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
QT FTW!! i love mine and my 2 teammates tried mine this week and just ordered theirs, i rode with the stock seat while they tried the QT, it felt like i was being punched repeatedly in the tailbone, the QT is a great product and i would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Chads running the XC seat hated the SX seat to low no padding on the side.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a quadtech is in order.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered the quadtech mx low seat. Apparently its a touch firmer padding. Hopefully not to much. I do like how soft the stock one feels everywhere except in some of the hard bumpy turns when Im off the bike it likes to bite! LOL

Ill post a ride review after i get it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Just ordered the quadtech mx low seat. Apparently its a touch firmer padding. Hopefully not to much. I do like how soft the stock one feels everywhere except in some of the hard bumpy turns when Im off the bike it likes to bite! LOL

Ill post a ride review after i get it.

looks like im going to have to get a qaudtech seat also!! :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the quadtech on the bike and have ridden three times. Night and day difference. Out of the box the seat feels real similar. But on the bike riding its way firmer and no more issues with jabbing my arse. LOL Im completely happy with my purchase and definately recommend the switch if your experiecing the same issues.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Got the quadtech on the bike and have ridden three times. Night and day difference. Out of the box the seat feels real similar. But on the bike riding its way firmer and no more issues with jabbing my arse. LOL Im completely happy with my purchase and definately recommend the switch if your experiecing the same issues.

yea im def getting a ktm bump seat but i noticed that the stock ktm serat is digging into my rear plastics a lil just wandering if that is still happening to you guys with the qaudtech seats??

thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts