KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Pro X rod vs oem

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  450SMR 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of rebuilding my crank and would like to use the oem rod. Only issue being the price. With that in mind what can I expect from using a pro X rod? Reliability? Or any known issues? Thanks in advance crew

#2 ·
They do have Carrillo they are 255 each

#3 ·
carrillo is the "best" strength wise but you have to source a bearing and a pin, allot of guys buy the pro-x rod kit for the bearing and pin to go into the carrillo rod

SX engines: OEM bearing / pin are problem areas, go after market, lots of guys with plenty of hours on pro-x with zero issues.

XC engines, oem bearing / pin / rod is very good for most applications.

supposedly you can by the pro x pin and bearing stand alone ? no one has been able to source that it seems in the US anyways ?

#5 ·
nope.......... good part

#6 ·
Ive got a pro-x rod kit in my build and its running great.

#9 ·
No bearing in the small end of the OEM rod on either the SX or the XC RFS motors. Just the wrist pin running on a honed finish in the rod. The Pro-X rod I got to steal the bearing from for my SX was just like OEM: polished small end with no bearing. The Carrillo rods have a bronze bushing in the small end though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.