KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
501 - 512 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ah, the sand! Been a few years since I've been St. Anthony. Planning to go back again this spring. My 505 and dad on his 540.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great pics brother! My 525 has seen St Anthony’s once in 2009. Really wish I could get back up there sometime soon. Best dunes in the U.S!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Great pics brother! My 525 has seen St Anthony’s once in 2009. Really wish I could get back up there sometime soon. Best dunes in the U.S!
They're the only dunes I've ever been to since they are close to Montana. Everyone I've talked to there that has been to multiple dune areas says the same thing though! I don't know how it is everywhere else, but all the side by side traffic these days is tearing up the sand an making it extra rough and rutted. Back when it was all bikes, quads, and a few rails it seemed smoother. Stopped trying to go on holiday weekends all together!

·
Registered
636 Posts
They're the only dunes I've ever been to since they are close to Montana. Everyone I've talked to there that has been to multiple dune areas says the same thing though! I don't know how it is everywhere else, but all the side by side traffic these days is tearing up the sand an making it extra rough and rutted. Back when it was all bikes, quads, and a few rails it seemed smoother. Stopped trying to go on holiday weekends all together!
What made them so special for me was the flow in the big dunes and the transitions at the bottoms were smooth. So it made for extremely fast and wide open rides for as long as you wanted to go wot. The ride from Crapos hill to Devils dune was epic. Like riding the perfect wave on a longboard. It just never ended. Sucks that it is getting torn up out there with how popular the place has become to the Glamis crowd, I’m not surprised. But I too broke and got a X3 and absolutely love it. Brings a whole new level of fun to the dunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 KTM 525XC
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Seeing pics of that one floating around lately had made me want to do a white/blue build on the ol' man's 450sx.

·
Registered
2008 KTM 525XC
2 Posts
Seeing pics of that one floating around lately had made me want to do a white/blue build on the ol' man's 450sx.
Oh wow! What other threads have you seen it in? I just picked it up & the guy I bought it from had minimal info on it, hell this thread is the only reason I know anything about what’s been done to it. The shock bumpers are quite literally rotted away & the current muffler looks like a homemade nightmare, so I’m amazed that the rest of the machine has held up so long knowing it’s looked like this for 10 years!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I saw it on some of the KTM quad facebook groups I think. I don't know anything more about it other than I thought it looked neat.

501 - 512 of 512 Posts