KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

461 - 480 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW BUILD

How's the Thumper 540 doing for you? How does it compare to your previous set-up? The SX Intake upgrade with the stiffner will work on your XC as long as it has an 09xc or SX seat. Does the PVC in your intake make it more restrictive; less air? GREAT TO SEE YOU GUY'S RIDING KTM DOWN THERE! Is it common to see them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
GOOD RACING TO YOU ! Last year's photo's and race video was GREAT! I liked your set-up from tires, cooling, to gearing. You moved REALLY FAST ! What did you do to get your spark back? Spark/Battery/TPS issue...

Thanks Bro!! I finished the race in second place, even I staying off track around 5 months while my Atv engines was rebuilding. And after the rebuild I, had the electrical issues! And guess what, the problem was a fucking relay that an another mechanic used to kill the tether switch. I just replaced the relay 4 days before this racing, and I just had time to practice once, but everything did well on the race! I'm just want to set up little things as the rear suspension, that I felling too low, and some carb adjusts...
Im posting the race results, its the sum of the 3 laps, each lap was around 25km.. Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 9.59.30 AM.png

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW BUILD

How's the Thumper 540 doing for you? How does it compare to your previous set-up? The SX Intake upgrade with the stiffner will work on your XC as long as it has an 09xc or SX seat. Does the PVC in your intake make it more restrictive; less air? GREAT TO SEE YOU GUY'S RIDING KTM DOWN THERE! Is it common to see them?
I installed the sxs 540 engine, with carrilo rods, kibblewhite valves and springs and the 833 cam, I also have installed the hiflow water pump, oil radiator, bill pipe, rocketron shocks,and dual fan set up.
I just ride two time on this new engine, I did not test with another atv to compare, but I felt stronger than the previously one ..
About the PVC, I dont thing that the pvc decreases the air flow.. I will take a picture, and show you!!
Isn't common seen KTM here, I think in Brazil just has in maximum 30 of them.. The most common here its yamaha, because the local yamaha its the only factory that imports atvs, the another brands, people use to import by themself.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's FAST !! Overall you did an AMAZING job with being off for 5 months. With a bit of practice I expect you will be #1. GOOD LUCK
By the way, were there any other KTM's racing?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's FAST !! Overall you did an AMAZING job with being off for 5 months. With a bit of practice I expect you will be #1. GOOD LUCK
By the way, were there any other KTM's racing?
This is what I will do!!
Just me with KTM, and one suzuki and one Ds, all other were yamaha... 450, 450r and 700. As you can see in the picture. IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1275.JPG

·
Registered
310 Posts
REALLY, REALLY NICE !!! Yes, there are alot of Yamaha's indeed; lot's of aftermarket parts. ATVing is alive and well in Brazil !!! It's interesting to see other riders around the world.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fox float long travel with lonestar a-arms and sx upper a-arms.
Im running that jetting with stock exhaust.:lol:
Just took the photo after som hillclimbing.
The quarry is really fun to play in, had a friend with me on my old outlander 1000.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good, good. Nice set-up I see the rear is widened to match. The 162 should about spot on.
The Outlander was out of frame. Yes, it's never a good idea to ride alone. Looks good.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's a nice and clean looking XC steveo. Where did you get all orange bolts and bling?
Thanks, I collected all the orange KTM stuff over the years as I could find it. The bolts I got from Pro Bolt USA. I posted a thread a while back for those that were interested in doing it also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0473.JPG picked it up yesterday. Ohlin shocks, akrapovic exhaust, full decal kit, 10 sets of wheels, twist throttle, lowered, new sprocket and performance chain.

461 - 480 of 508 Posts