KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with miss shifts or popping out of gear? I though maybe it was because I hadn't changed the oil, but it's still doing it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The aluminum shift drums to wear rather quickly if shifted without the using the clutch. If it is coming out of gear then I would make sure that the spring and cam arm are engaging properly. I have seen a lot of wear between N and 2nd gear on the clutch side drum on all of our KTM bikes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The aluminum shift drums to wear rather quickly if shifted without the using the clutch. If it is coming out of gear then I would make sure that the spring and cam arm are engaging properly. I have seen a lot of wear between N and 2nd gear on the clutch side drum on all of our KTM bikes. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think it was just me with this problem. Can you explain the spring and cam arm and exactly what to look for a little better?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think it was just me with this problem. Can you explain the spring and cam arm and exactly what to look for a little better?

parts 23 thru 27 define the spring and arm

15 is the outside drum, the only place that should look strange on the drum is where the neutral gap is. you will notice how the small bearing wheel on the arm engages the small drum. Wear is pretty easy to spot. I have had to change the drum and arm after every couple of nationals to avoid missing shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
do you have to split the cases to change the drum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts