KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know Driver and I made ya wait, so here you go HMF, DASA slip on, CT, and stock system

this next one is stock XC can, stock SX can and ProMotoBillet end cap, all on XC 525

incase anyone wonders here's the DB levels using AMA test standards
XC can 97db
SX can w/out screen 98DB
ProMotoBillet 104DB
ProMotoBillet w/quite core 97DB and 90 at idle
ProMotoBiller w/ultra quite core 96 and 88 at idle

enjoy,
Driver and I'll test any pipe you guys send us...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
post the pipes individually in the dyno pipe shootout section.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If I'm reading this right looks like HMF full system is better overall?
It did good for sure but I think the ct made more bottom end and same topend. I think the dasa slip on did very well to. Fell off up top but made the most bottom and mid.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Y it slloks like HMF ftw. 1ft lb more torque and .2 les HP. Id rather have that torque myself ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Me too on the torque! Driver if you had to pick a pipe after all the testing wich one would you go with for woods racing?
Its hard to say. IF I had a 525 Id have a dasa slip on. The bottom and mid is just killer on it and the top holds strong. Plus it looks and sounds killer.

I just dont see anything out there really bettering stock that is quiet. I think the hmf slip on would even be good. They have a nice quiet core. Ill be testing the hmf on my bike with quiet core. If it makes more than stock, than that will be a good option. Should be the same on the xc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its hard to say. IF I had a 525 Id have a dasa slip on. The bottom and mid is just killer on it and the top holds strong. Plus it looks and sounds killer.

I just dont see anything out there really bettering stock that is quiet. I think the hmf slip on would even be good. They have a nice quiet core. Ill be testing the hmf on my bike with quiet core. If it makes more than stock, than that will be a good option. Should be the same on the xc.
Thanks Driver

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do any of you think it would be worth upgrading from the 39mm carb to a 41mm carb, is it worth the money and am i going to see any kind of power gains out of it. And if yes who is a company i can buy 1 from i have the 525 xc

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Do any of you think it would be worth upgrading from the 39mm carb to a 41mm carb, is it worth the money and am i going to see any kind of power gains out of it. And if yes who is a company i can buy 1 from i have the 525 xc
yes there is killer gains. 41mm will gain across the board. You will see between 1-2whp. Very good mod. We tested it on Ranchero bike and Ive tested it on alot of yamis and hondas. Killer bang for the buck. Sredum on here can do it and several others I believe. I think its one of first things you should do to a 450 or 525xc. I think I posted graphs already on here.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
basically that is what KTM did on the RFS based SX engine - 41mm carb fromthe factory: it's gotta be good !

·
Registered
80 Posts
alright thanx for the info man do you know if ktm sells a 41mm carb for the 525 from there catolog or website. Also how much if you know will it cost me aprox. to uprade to 41mm carb

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
alright man thnx im about to go pick my ktm 525 up from the dealer i jst scored a killer deal on it 5,999 otd. The 41mm carb is gonna be the first mod that i do on it thnx for the info

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
alright man thnx im about to go pick my ktm 525 up from the dealer i jst scored a killer deal on it 5,999 otd. The 41mm carb is gonna be the first mod that i do on it thnx for the info

Good choice you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they must be starving to give it away for that 5,999. i would give them 6k cash for it today. i would pick it up, man.

·
Registered
272 Posts
they must be starving to give it away for that 5,999. i would give them 6k cash for it today. i would pick it up, man.
That almost makes me upset. Why can't I ever come across those kind of deals?

Any word on if Motoworks is coming out with a KTM exhaust, and more specifically a full system for the SX? It seems like their exhuasts are legit plus they are a lot quieter than Dasa for example. I should just give them a call.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That almost makes me upset. Why can't I ever come across those kind of deals?

Any word on if Motoworks is coming out with a KTM exhaust, and more specifically a full system for the SX? It seems like their exhuasts are legit plus they are a lot quieter than Dasa for example. I should just give them a call.
Every motoworks Ive tested has been louder than a dasa and makes ALOT less power. I bet they couldnt get more power than stock on the ktm. I hate motoworks. OVerpriced, horrible sounding and no power. They look good, Ill give them that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts