KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its gonna be test as we get them. Ill post up results of all pipes vs. modded stocker. Both dynoed that day that way you can see how they all compare vs modded stocker.

Here is the fmf 4.1 ti that Jake sent me. Good gains across the board. Peak power wasnt that great but killer bottom and topend. This was tested before my last dyno graph. Enjoy. Ill have a few more pipes next week. Dasa full system from Jake again and Hmf full system that I bought myself just to test.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice! Looks good for FMF ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Looks good for FMF ;)

Pretty much would of put my bike at 52whp after my oil change. Bike feels way faster with it on. Not to mention it looks and sounds killer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sounds good to me! Thanks for getting the graph up . . ..

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Driver, slip on or ??

·
Registered
568 Posts
it's my slip-on.

·
Registered
409 Posts
driver, what kind of gain do you expect from the complete system over the slip on only???
in the process of buying one complete

Looks like its gonna be test as we get them. Ill post up results of all pipes vs. modded stocker. Both dynoed that day that way you can see how they all compare vs modded stocker.

Here is the fmf 4.1 ti that Jake sent me. Good gains across the board. Peak power wasnt that great but killer bottom and topend. This was tested before my last dyno graph. Enjoy. Ill have a few more pipes next week. Dasa full system from Jake again and Hmf full system that I bought myself just to test.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The full system is worth it. More power across the whole board. Close to double the whp of the slip on

·
Registered
409 Posts
forgot to ask, did you check the db vs stocker

driver YOU and rancero are one the the reason I love this site!!!!!
my plan is the fmf full system AND the DS650 intake!! what do you think ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
forgot to ask, did you check the db vs stocker

driver YOU and rancero are one the the reason I love this site!!!!!
my plan is the fmf full system AND the DS650 intake!! what do you think ;)
I think the fmf full system is a waste. It will lose power over slip on Im pretty positive. Id say right now your best choice is the dasa or hmf. Id say the hmf. I have it on my machine and it comes with a very nice quiet core and sounds killer. Power was very good to. Ill post those results soon enough. Gains across the board much better than just a slip on.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
driver311 what do you think of the fmf mega bomb header for the 525 xc. Have you dyno anything like that. They claim lot off bottom end power.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Craig, we have not Dyno'd one on a 525, we have dyno's them on other bikes, in fact the "BOMB" and can, lost power on and LTR, we removed the Bomb head pipe, and istalled the stock hea pipe and tried again and the slip on made power, If anyone has one Driver and I would love to throw it on the rollers and see what it makes

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No one will send one becuase they are afraid of the results. We need to test one though to show people not to waste 700 on a power robbing system. How can fmf sleep at night. The fmf megabomb lost power on the ltr450 and the ds450, but the slip on did about 1-1.5whp on both machines and the ktm. Ill be testing a few more pipes on my sx next week. Dasa slip on, dasa full system and ill post the hmf full system.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the information. I have a complete one for the 525 xc if you would be interested in dyno it.

Send it my brotha!!!! Ill pm my addy.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Send it my brotha!!!! Ill pm my addy.

Ya I am curious if the mega bomb will lose HP on a carbed bike like it will efi bike. I hear A LOT of people SWEAR by the MegaBomb and 4.1 on all the dirt bikes a lot! Im just curious if a carb would perform different.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya I am curious if the mega bomb will lose HP on a carbed bike like it will efi bike. I hear A LOT of people SWEAR by the MegaBomb and 4.1 on all the dirt bikes a lot! Im just curious if a carb would perform different.

Thats rediculous. Carb or efi, it will be the same. Ill prove it once another one is sent to me. So far its 2 strikes for megabomb. Its a sales gimmic!!!! The only reason pros run them is for sponsorship reasons and also they are one off custom ones built by their personal builders(not fmf). I know that for a fact a pro rider told me straight up that his was a one off because the standard one made no power.

I think I have one on the way for the xc, so we will see.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya Im just curious because a TON of people run them up here.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
they all believe the hype.......... not many people like to say the parts they dropped a bundle on are a piece of crap.......... or don't do any thing.......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts