KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal. Me and Ranchero are putting together a pipe shootout. Both for his and my bike. Looks like we got a few pipes and looking for a few more. Its short notice but hoping you guys can help. Testing will be done on a dynojet chassis dyno. Mods to 525 are modded box, 41mm carb. Mods to sx will be modded box also. All pipes will be tuned to the best of our ability. I have jd jet kit and all necessary jets.
This will be the 5th bike we have done this on. Ltr450, kawi450, yami450, predator500, and now the ktms. We have nothing to gain but knowledge for us and you guys. Please if you can help in anyway do so. We will eat up all the dyno time and will supply dyno tires also.We will try and do all these the same day time permitting to keep results as accurate as possible. Help us out. If you have something ship it our way and we will cover shipping back. If anyone would like to help by donating a little money that would be very helpful. We are in no way asking for money though. If you are interested in helping that way just pm me. Thanks for your support. We look forward to spinning some rollers.

525xc
hmf full system(rancheros)
dasa slip on(mine)
fmf slip full system(hopefully)
ct full system( big orange)
hindle(maybe)
probillet insert and endcap for stock pipe(ranchero)
sx can(mine)

505sx
dasa slip on(mine)
hmf full system(mine)
fmf slip on(jake)
baldwin(waiting for pipe)
probillet insert and endcap for stock pipe(ranchero)

We need some more to make this interesting. Again if you can help hit us up. Thanks Anthony aka Driver311

Pm me for more info and shipping addy

·
Registered
568 Posts
did you get your 505sx already driver?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you a full CT system, not an FMF. Hope this doesn't mess you up.
Thats right I forgot, thats perfect.
Apparently they are confident in their system. They said this system will beat dasa hands down.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Big Orange your system is for a XC right? Bronson also offered to send a CT system for XC

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
wish I was in the US so i could send you stuff to try.........

very every interested in see how the SX shoot out goes.......

have you guys seen the Rocky mountain Lexx muffler...sure are cheap enough........ no middle man marking up the prices.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wish I was in the US so i could send you stuff to try.........

very every interested in see how the SX shoot out goes.......

have you guys seen the Rocky mountain Lexx muffler...sure are cheap enough........ no middle man marking up the prices.

Figue it out bra. LOL We need some help. Ive already commited to two pipes. I cant buy anymore. Someone step up and get something to us to test. Lets make some noise and a little power along the way. ;) Have you guys seen the WEAPON MX full system for the sx? I like the look of these pipes. Look killer. Thanks for the support guys. Lets make this a complete deal if at all possible.

·
Registered
309 Posts
on the 525 can we see if the dasa would work with any other head pipes other than stock
i could donate a little coin for the swap just curious before i spend my kids collage money

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
When do you guys plan on doing this test?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When do you guys plan on doing this test?
Asap. We have three pipes in hand and the custom tip. So Id like to do first part of next week and get everyone their pipe back by the following weekend. So if you guys have something just box it up and send it priority through the post office. $25 bucks tops. This will be super useful to the community.

Come on guys.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Driver-311 and I need a bone stock can for an XC, mines has been mod'd, we want to use a tuned bike with a stock exh. as the base for this test, someone please help out. PM driver or myself if you can help... Thanks

·
Registered
769 Posts
we should have ask earlier for a stock can, Driver and I talked last night and both agree using my mod'd can would not be fair to the other pipes and ProMotoBillet parts, I also bought a Sound meter for this test, so we'll be testing the pipes to AMA standards, and also real world standards, (WOT with the bike engine loaded up on the dyno,) wish we would have gotten more people to send pipes, it's not to late if you have a pipe that's not listed, we just can't hang on to other peoples pipes, they would like to get there stuff back and ride, ya know.... PM driver or myself if you want to send something..

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Asap. We have three pipes in hand and the custom tip. So Id like to do first part of next week and get everyone their pipe back by the following weekend. So if you guys have something just box it up and send it priority through the post office. bucks tops. This will be super useful to the community.

Come on guys.
I have a full brand new stock system...but i won't be home to send it until Jan 15...I can overnight it Jan 16 and you will have it Saturday Jan 17?...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I have a full brand new stock system...but i won't be home to send it until Jan 15...I can overnight it Jan 16 and you will have it Saturday Jan 17?...
I have a brand new stock exhaust with about 10 hours on it. Let me know and I can send it out Monday.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a brand new stock exhaust with about 10 hours on it. Let me know and I can send it out Monday.

they run on saturdays I believe. if not monday is cool. Just the can in small box should be cheap cheap. Thanks alot man.

5950 fairview ave
boise idaho 83704

this is my work addy.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
they run on saturdays I believe. if not monday is cool. Just the can in small box should be cheap cheap. Thanks alot man.

5950 fairview ave
boise idaho 83704

this is my work addy.

I will send it out Monday AM.

·
Registered
769 Posts
LTZ470 has also offered to send his stock system, and ask me not send it back, which is cool, I'll get to do my stuff on it and then do back to back dyno runs, My mod'd stock system against a KTM production pipe.

To all you that helped out, Thanks, I hope the info we give back will help others.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts