Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HMF over mod'd can, nice gains from mid to top

CT over mod'd can, nice gains on the bottom and top, longer overall curve

DASA picked up big on the bottom

enjoy,

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya that HMF is a rockstar! Thats CRAZY!!!! Cheapest pipe wins ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i wonder how the dasa would do with a different head pipe
The dasa actually did a touch better than that. I printed the wrong graph. Ill post the right graph.

Here it is. Mods or ranch please replace the dasa graph with this one. THanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
lets get this right, a HMF pipe/slip on, will get me 51 ponies on a stock 450 xc? starting my superbowl party early, makin sure my eyes are workin

·
Registered
579 Posts
lets get this right, a HMF pipe/slip on, will get me 51 ponies on a stock 450 xc? starting my superbowl party early, makin sure my eyes are workin
Slow down, his is a 525XC not a 450XC

·
Registered
579 Posts
so, my vision is worse. i should not expect this on a stock 450? just trying to way my options on gettin a pipe or not. that all. go cards. coming from a indy native
No, on a stock 450 with a pipe you might see 40-42hp at the tires. Now if you clean up the cylinder head, larger valves, add a cam and larger carb then you can see 50hp in a 450XC.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
No, on a stock 450 with a pipe you might see 40-42hp at the tires. Now if you clean up the cylinder head, larger valves, add a cam and larger carb then you can see 50hp in a 450XC.
I think thats a little conservative. Id say 45whp with modded stock can and jetted right. Then add 41mm bore to the carb and hmf full system and youll probably see around 48-49whp and 36ftlbs. Itll run alot better. Dont you agree Walt?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think thats a little conservative. Id say 45whp with modded stock can and jetted right. Then add 41mm bore to the carb and hmf full system and youll probably see around 48-49whp and 36ftlbs. Itll run alot better. Dont you agree Walt?
We dyno one of our 450xc with CT pipe and different cam, got 47whp . Next month we will be putting the second 450xc with motor work, bored carb 43mm/dial a jet, cam, twin air filter/power flow cage/No Toil, CT pipe with 20 disk (stoke is 14 disk), case vent check valve, open air box and Baldwin oil cooler. Waiting for it to warm up alittle so it will be ready for the Extreme Dirt Track Series.

After second dyno, will post both results.

[attachment=1242:Copy_of_P1010192.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
trailrunner & driver, my eyes are workin better, i understand now. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 Driver,

·
Registered
579 Posts
What are the differances between just the HMF slipon and the slipon with new header pipe?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What are the differances between just the HMF slipon and the slipon with new header pipe?
We didnt have a hmf slip on to test. im guessing it will look alot like the dasa did, maybe a touch less because the core is a little smaller.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We didnt have a hmf slip on to test. im guessing it will look alot like the dasa did, maybe a touch less because the core is a little smaller.

:huh: what about the trinity pipe?? i called them and they said 10 hp all the way around. anybody have their pipe?? im thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
HMF sure makes power where you use it! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
:huh: what about the trinity pipe?? i called them and they said 10 hp all the way around. anybody have their pipe?? im thinking about getting it.
10 HP. I'll have to see it to believe it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts