KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these Back from Wayne Mooradian @ PEP and I must say they look fantastic ,I am hanging to try them !
1) Fronts :New springs with added spring for better progressive action with ,new adjustable crossover set up,PEP Seals for longevity ,PEP Bump stops for better performance,re valved with Belray oil and Regas
2) Modified internals to give an extra inch of travel (Labor intensive mod ) all New Springs with new style adjustable crossover (similar to what 2010 SX 505 KTM Shocks are likley to be ) Revalved,New PEP seals for longevity,PEP Bump Stops for better performance ,Belray Oil and Regas
All springs powder coated Orange
PEP Front Neoprene Covers
Price $1500 USD (extra for Orange Powder coat)
Shocks are set to rider weight,ability and discipline
Cheers Len
ATV NRG
[email protected]
:)
[attachment=1333:IMG_0857_small.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Bling Bling! :eek:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
They look good, be sure to gives us a rider report. B)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i'm sure pep does great work on these but our site sponsor has the bling factor going too
from looking at these pics the pep ones look stock all but the pep sticker
and the rocket ron's are pretty nice too for $550.00 less

·
Registered
166 Posts
They look very nice...what was the turn around time? Cant wait for a review.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'm sure pep does great work on these but our site sponsor has the bling factor going too
from looking at these pics the pep ones look stock all but the pep sticker
and the rocket ron's are pretty nice too for 0.00 less
I have never rode a set of rocket rons shocks, but I have been running PEP shocks since early '92 and imo there are no better set of shocks available. You are getting alot more than a PEP sticker, you are getting PEP ZPS shocks at 1/3 the price of a new set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look very nice...what was the turn around time? Cant wait for a review.
He has all the components in stock for most weights ,I told him they had to be orange :D so he did a heap of them ...Wayne can also modifiy the fronts if you want extra travel by running the JB lower Arms ,also Jody from JB can modify the original arms to take the extra inch ;)
Photos fitted Up soon

Cheers Len

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
len

No ZPS top spring though ?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have never rode a set of rocket rons shocks, but I have been running PEP shocks since early '92 and imo there are no better set of shocks available. You are getting alot more than a PEP sticker, you are getting PEP ZPS shocks at 1/3 the price of a new set.
I run a set of ron's shocks, and if he puts his name on it that bike will be riding right (I have bike that I was running pep pb1's on also) . I am not trying to start an arguement about who is a better shock builder(both are great) but in this economy I think a lot of people would rather the extra $550 in their pocket. Especially when the ride difference between the two would probably be splitting hairs for a pro rider, and customer service with ron is 2nd to none.JMO

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I run a set of ron's shocks, and if he puts his name on it that bike will be riding right (I have bike that I was running pep pb1's on also) . I am not trying to start an arguement about who is a better shock builder(both are great) but in this economy I think a lot of people would rather the extra 0 in their pocket. Especially when the ride difference between the two would probably be splitting hairs for a pro rider, and customer service with ron is 2nd to none.JMO
I agree my suspension is spot on. Im very happy with the way my RocketRon revalves came out. My bike is totally new machine. I cant wait for my first race. Ive practiced on it three times now and no complaints yet. Ill be doing my first mx on march 1st and then again at glenn helen the following weekend. Though I wont take anything from Pep. I think they are the best shock company out. I just cant afford them. $1000 is just alot more doable for me. The money you save on Rons revalves can get you a precision stabilizer.

Congrats on your new shocks they look sweet. Keep us posted on how they work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I run a set of ron's shocks, and if he puts his name on it that bike will be riding right (I have bike that I was running pep pb1's on also) . I am not trying to start an arguement about who is a better shock builder(both are great) but in this economy I think a lot of people would rather the extra 0 in their pocket. Especially when the ride difference between the two would probably be splitting hairs for a pro rider, and customer service with ron is 2nd to none.JMO
im sure ron does a great job...and am glad you are happy with them ;)
the extra $ is in pep modified rear shock about 5 hrs labor and machining to get the extra inch travel we can also adjust cross over on rear, also puts in decent bump stop,powder coat orange,decent seals,supplys additional cross overs front and rear ,neoprene covers and we are still saving thousands on arms and full zps pep.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was in no way putting down rocket ron's shocks. I was merely pointing out to raptor that you get much more from PEP than a "sticker". In all actuallity I have been kicking myself for not being the first to send my WP's to ron. I am about 220lbs "on the hoof" so the stockers aren't that bad but I haven't ran a national yet with breaking bumps in and out of ever corner not to mention killer woop sections. The more I read you guys review of Ron's work the more I am considering it. Been burned on shocks before and basically figured out over the past 20 years of messing with quads that you get what you pay for.
rrbaby

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rode a rough dry hard pack track today and the difference with the wp pep rebuilds is night and day ,I was very happy with the fronts ,they are now plush ! The rear feels a little firm so I will take 1mm from the cross over and should see a better result ;)

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
you loose travel over full pep with jb arms...no one else is doing wp modified zps ...are they ?
actually I am........... we will see how they stack up in due course........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts