KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding since I was 5, I have owned all the 4 major brands. I have absolutely no experience with KTM or know anyone who does. I looked at the 450 ad 525 yesterday. I had to call my wife and appologize for falling in love. Can you please give me honest opinions on what you like, dislike, and overall satisfaction on all aspects of performance, fit and finish, and parts. I have heard nightmare stories of waiting months on simple parts. If all goes well, I will have a 525 before the summer. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
they are wicked fast, i havent ordered parts(yet) so i wouldn't know about it

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I don't have yet, gonna get a 525 this summer. About the parts, i think it won't be a problem because you won't need too much parts because it's rock solid and i believe it won't have to much probs.

There's that thing about the suspension being a little stiff but hey, that's easy to change

About the power, it's speek's for itself, [email protected] stock (same as 700R) and more medium to high's than a 700R (also lighter than a 700R) so you can have an idea about what's it like

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been a die hard Honda fan all my life. I have always believed in their attention to detail and ability to provide superior fit and finish down to every last bolt. With that said I made the switch to KTM last September and have not regretted it one bit! The bike is extremely durable, comfortable, powerful, and light. The only thing I have had to change is the suspension valving, tires, wheels, skid plates, and it is ready for the GNCC's. My only complaint is the wiring harnesses are not as finished as Honda's, I hope this isn't a problem. It hasn't been this far.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All good I have unplugged the CDI and done the JD jet kit with O-ring I also have the KTM W/heel nerfs (top quality)my HMF exhaust will be here today. I will probably install some flexx bars and an aftermarket bumper soon

I am a big guy so the stock suspension is not as stiff for me but I can see the 150 pounders needing a re-valve

The bike has power all the way through the throttle and the only way to explain it is like pouring water from a pitcher.

To date I have only positive things to say

1 - 5 of 5 Posts