KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I am dynoing billet cams for the KTM525 that will out perform the current KTM807 grind.

#808 Billet cam $325
Spring kit $200

#809 Billet cam $350
Spring kit with locks $250
Custom valves with new groove location $300"

MrHorsepower

OMW Racing

Wasn't sure where to put this. If it violates any rules, sorry mods, please delete-edit as necessary. Just getting the info out there as some people don't frequent the same forums.

Chris

·
Registered
769 Posts
"I am dynoing billet cams for the KTM525 that will out perform the current KTM807 grind.

#808 Billet cam 5
Spring kit 0

#809 Billet cam 0
Spring kit with locks 0
Custom valves with new groove location 0"

MrHorsepower

OMW Racing

Wasn't sure where to put this. If it violates any rules, sorry mods, please delete-edit as necessary. Just getting the info out there as some people don't frequent the same forums.

Chris

Can you give me more info please, what has been done to the dyno mule your using? stock? big bore? stroker crank? ported head? Compression ratio? where are you seeing the gains over the 8/07? mid range? top end? will your cams require the use of your springs? or will they work with stock springs? Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
i talked to eric and ordered the 808 i should have it in 2 weeks. i was going to get the 809
but i didnt want to give up any bottom end power for the tree shoots

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, Eric said the 808 is gonna be better bottom-mid and the 809 better mid-top over the 807 in a nut shell. Eric hasn't posted any dyno graphs yet as he is still working on other things. There is more lift and duration on both exhaust lobes than 807.

With the spring kit, you don't have to run his but the problems is with the locks and the 809, don think its a problem with the 808. The is more lift with the 809 and the locks will not allow the valve travel needed. Thus custom valves with new groove location. Eric said if you don't want to run these you will have to grind about 1mm off the bottom of the OEM locks for clearance.

For those that dont know who Eric (MrHorsepower/OMW Racing) is, he holds the current single 4-stroke record in 300'. He is also building my custom stroked stock bore 525 desert motor.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts