KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Okay I going to sound cheap here....

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Dragonz 
#1 ·
I currently have Hiper CF-1 single beadlocks on the rear size 9x8. I'm really wanting to go with the 18" tires for MX racing, but I hate to have to buy a whole new set of 8" rims. I see where I can get an 18x10x9 that would give me the 18" tire and I can still use my 9" rims, but am I going to hate that setup without much sidewall? I just can't decide...

#2 ·
id get the rims while your doing it... the 8" rims get dinged up enough, id image 9" being much worse...

#6 ·
I don't see where they make them in an 18" tire to fit a 9" rim. I only see a 20".

#4 ·
I used to run 9" rear rims when I started racing MX. Didn't really have any problems, but had to run more air pressure to keep the rim away from the ground on jump landings and really hard corners. Along with the extra air pressure, you loose a bit of traction on hard pack. Get a set of tires that fit your wheels and try it. If you find you are having problems, then you can get new wheels with your next set of tires.

#8 ·
I run ITP Holeshot MXR-6 18x10-9
Seem to work ok for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.