KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak on my shifter shaft.I replaced the seal and it still leaks.Has anyone encountered this problem.Is it pressure related.If so what do I need to do to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
are you sure it is coming from the shift shaft? We had one xc motor leaking from behind the sprocket, it would run down & looked as if it was coming from the shift shaft seal. replaced the output seal & still leaked, replaced the o-ring behind the spacer & it was fixed. On our other xc motor the gear position sensor started leaking & it took a little time to find exactly were it was coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure it is coming from the shift shaft? We had one xc motor leaking from behind the sprocket, it would run down & looked as if it was coming from the shift shaft seal. replaced the output seal & still leaked, replaced the o-ring behind the spacer & it was fixed. On our other xc motor the gear position sensor started leaking & it took a little time to find exactly were it was coming from.
I bought o-rings for the spocket shaft also but haven't installed them yet.How did you fix the gear position sensor? O-ring.I eye ball the leak with a magnifying glass and 99 % sure its the shifting shaft seal.Its leaks just sitting. Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
gear position sensor has a thick green o-ring behind it. When it was leaking, it would leak just sitting there also. I would notice a small puddle under the bike every morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gear position sensor has a thick green o-ring behind it. When it was leaking, it would leak just sitting there also. I would notice a small puddle under the bike every morning.
Sounds like mine.I'll check that out. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like mine.I'll check that out. Thanks
yea i'm having the same problem with mine. still not totally sure if it's the shifter seal or the gear position sensor. i've put high heat silicon on the sensor and it's slowed down the drip to about 2-3 drops a night. but yea, it's just annoying....$8,000 bike with an annoying leak!?? WTF!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts