KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went today and ordered almost everything in the new ktm catalog for my 505sx. i also needed oil and oil filter. i bought the motorex 10w50 full synthetic. as for the filter, they are expected 12-1-08. WTF!! the filter is a first one they make of that size. it is not shared. so i have to reuse my oil filter and just change the oil. just a heads up to you guys.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just ran into the same issue earlier this week. Picked up my SX last Friday and was reading through the manual when I noticed the 3 hour preliminary oil change. Two places I called said they were backordered until 12/1 but my dealer was able to order them for me from KTM's parts distributo in Ohio or something like that - should be this coming week.

But yes, the 450/505SX oil filter is specific to that quad so you cannot use the one from the 450SX-F dirt bike or XC version.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Are you guys still having issues finding the filters?

I just ordered 10 of them and they are not backordered or anything.

Jay

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was supposed to get them from my dealer last week but didn't swing by to pick them up. I ordered four and they did not seem to have a problem. My biggest issue is lead time - it takes 5-7 business days to get parts from KTM once the order is submitted :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Picked up my 505SX the last week of August and had the same problem. My local shop had to also contact KTM East (Ohio) and order them... took almost 3 weeks to get em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts