1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have one of these Perma-Cool oil coolers, http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page15_ATV.html , since there is no external oil Reservoir on these, i was wondering where you would drill and tap into? Or if its even possible?

I have been looking into this myself and have seen a couple different ways.

1. you can use the oil line that comes out of behind the jug on the right side and goes across to the left side and up to the head.

2.somehow use the filter caps.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking into this myself and have seen a couple different ways.

1. you can use the oil line that comes out of behind the jug on the right side and goes across to the left side and up to the head.

2.somehow use the filter caps.
I have ny engine builder working on this right now. Looks like were gonna drill and tap right where the oil pump is behind the case & just return somewhere else. Ill keep ya updated

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
500 Posts
Although it is expensive, it looks like the better alternative out there so far. I don't know about the brass fittings, I think I would change them out for alluminum. I just may have to think about this one!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill keep ya'll updated on how mine turns out. This guy i have doing it really knows his shit. If it can't be drilled and tapped, he wont do it. Ill let ya know.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
B&B told me about the Baldwin also but I could not find any info on the net. The HT uses the line going to the head. I just need to adapt banjo lines to my cooler I got from Summitracing.com for $35 or find hose fittings that have a 8x1.00 thread. I have had no luck finding them so far.

I have also thought about tapping the cover and block but I would not like doing that unless I had the whole engine torn down.

As for the Oil filter cap, I cannot see how they are doing that withough removing the filter or not filtering the oil. I have to see better pictures of it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
B&B told me about the Baldwin also but I could not find any info on the net. The HT uses the line going to the head. I just need to adapt banjo lines to my cooler I got from Summitracing.com for or find hose fittings that have a 8x1.00 thread. I have had no luck finding them so far.

I have also thought about tapping the cover and block but I would not like doing that unless I had the whole engine torn down.

As for the Oil filter cap, I cannot see how they are doing that withough removing the filter or not filtering the oil. I have to see better pictures of it.
For the filter cap, they have a spot that holds the filter externaly, its the big black thing you see in the picture. Good idea, idk if its worth $400. http://www.joeracerproducts.com/index.php?...le=ktmoilcooler

·
Registered
173 Posts
For the filter cap, they have a spot that holds the filter externaly, its the big black thing you see in the picture. Good idea, idk if its worth 0. http://www.joeracerproducts.com/index.php?...le=ktmoilcooler
Thanks, I see what they are doing now. The picture with the parts does not really show the oil filter piece that is mounted to the side of the motor in the other pictures. i might have to come up woth something like that since it would be more efficient. Just have to find a plce to put the other filter and will probably switch to a spin on type that I can get at wally world for pennies.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am waiting on more detailed info & pics from Mark Baldwin in regards to his oil cooler that he runs on adam & taylor quads...
That sounds sweet. Be sure to let up know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kiwi , i'm going to be testing some of those next month , with the oil cooler off the KTM 690 Rally bike with custom braided hoses , ill let ya know how they go...

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
factory parts are the way to go...........

1 - 20 of 54 Posts