KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is. with my practice tires and rims on it. i am still waiting on my ktm case saver and oil filter cover. next on my list is black with orange rings douglas shamrock front rims. modifications are in my signature, at the bottom of this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and another.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
what do you have for inside mud caps on the rear? Also what did you do for the key and lights on the flex bars? Looks good man! Did you keep you stock nerfs or did the dealership let you upgrade? I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cant wait to get mine:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you have for inside mud caps on the rear? Also what did you do for the key and lights on the flex bars? Looks good man! Did you keep you stock nerfs or did the dealership let you upgrade? I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cant wait to get mine:)

I got the inner mud plugs on ebay. from dynamite atv. i have ordered three pairs from them. they work great. i don't have to clean out the beadlocks anymore. i leave both mud plugs on. no dirt inside. they are a push in design, with velcro stickers on the inside of the rims. all you have to do is trim the foam to fit the inner hub and axle. very easy. about 12 bucks a set.

i trimmed down the key switch panel to clear the low bend flexx bars.

i ordered the ktm big nerf bars from the dealership along with every other thing they have for this bike. i don't like plastic heel guards. and i love the nets, no more breaking aluminum heel guards when i bottom out the suspension.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
no more breaking aluminum heel guards when i bottom out the suspension.
What about the LTR? LOL nice I really cant wait to get one! So why did you opt for FMF instead of Yoshimura?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about the LTR? LOL nice I really cant wait to get one! So why did you opt for FMF instead of Yoshimura?
i called yosh. i am sponsored through them. and they said they don't know if they will make anything soon. they are not sure if the market is there.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not sure if the market is there? Hmmm, sounds like every one is fealin the pinch of the economy:( Did you gain good results from the slip on FMF?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
A LOT of exhaust manufacturers are staying away from making pipes for the new models because of this issue. The costs are too great to justify making new parts if they can't sell hundreds right off the bat.

Luckilly the KTM seems to be growing more and more popular...

Jay

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i put up new pics in the qotm for october section. check em out and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Your quad looks awesome! With just a few mods it went from a showroom racer to a track racer. What do you think of the FMF exhaust?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup, I would pretty much do everything you did except for all the KTM bling. Where did you get your number plates at? Looks killer man! What are your future plans for it? You gonna Put Evols on that or you liking the stockers? Damn it I have a LIST of Shiz that I want, I guess I just need the bike

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, I would pretty much do everything you did except for all the KTM bling. Where did you get your number plates at? Looks killer man! What are your future plans for it? You gonna Put Evols on that or you liking the stockers? Damn it I have a LIST of Shiz that I want, I guess I just need the bike
the number plates are golden west cycle plates. yfz front and 250r in the back. i trimmed the front one and added two strips of white for the outline on the bottom. due to the quadtech scoop. i also added the black areas arond the front plastic. i just bought a one industries black 3m sheet, and trimmed accordingly.

stockers are fantastic. i will probably get a revalve. and see how that goes, if i save up some dough i will get a laeger pep suspension system. maybe walsh.

as for the bling. i may not be pro fast but i try to make my bike look pro.

i love my fmf pipe. great sound and power. i would recommend it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Jake Ill be dynoing testing a dasa vs. hmf vs. stock modded pipe this next week. Ill keep you guys posted on my findings. I think by next month Ill have a ktm myself. I totaled my ltr two days ago. So Im gonna move on. Im thinking of doing the 450 and just doing the big bore right off the bat so no one knows its a 477. LOL and I can go higher compression to. Id like to do 14.1. Ill keep you guys posted on that also.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Im thinking of doing the 450 and just doing the big bore right off the bat so no one knows its a 477.
Better yet Anthony, its cheaper and easier to just buy a 505 and order new rear plastic graphics ;)

Yess!!!!!! Too bad you cant get onto the fmf pipe also!

Cant wait for next week:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Better yet Anthony, its cheaper and easier to just buy a 505 and order new rear plastic graphics ;)

Yess!!!!!! Too bad you cant get onto the fmf pipe also!

Cant wait for next week:)

when you getting yours? and are you going to do itp quadcross next year?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well I am just waiting for our KTM dealership to get them in. But yes I will be at the Quadcross. I hope all of them! What about you Jake? What class do you race, I know you have told me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I am just waiting for our KTM dealership to get them in. But yes I will be at the Quadcross. I hope all of them! What about you Jake? What class do you race, I know you have told me :rolleyes:
next year i'll be in the novice open class.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts