KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

its got some updates since last posting pics. i added the pro armour nerfs. good product... sorta. still havent got a front bumper but luckily hadnt needed it. also i added flexxx bars. i love them things

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
looks good man, i love the nerfs..

what do you mean by "good product.....sorta" lol???

what bumper are you thinking of getting? i dont have a bumper right now....

my stock one broke..(i'm not gonna say why, it's a sad story)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good man, i love the nerfs..

what do you mean by "good product.....sorta" lol???

what bumper are you thinking of getting? i dont have a bumper right now....

my stock one broke..(i'm not gonna say why, it's a sad story)
well if anyone has put these on before they know how they are designed. you have to run a allen head bolt through this long tube to mount them where the original footpegs were mounted. had to go and borrow a long big allen wrench. then there is a hole through the same tube that the nerfs themselves slip over and they have a hole that is supposed to line up with the first hole. the hole was going up and down and needed to go side to side. i ended up having to drill a big hole my self which was pain in the ass. i called them about it and i was supposed to talk to "michelle" i think with any technical questions. no offense to the ladies but that kinda scared me. and she didnt call me back for three days. i took care of it my self. now that they are on there i love them. also i was impressed with the lightness of them. as far as front bumpers go i seen a bullhorn retrofitted on one on here somewhere that i really liked. i kinda wished i woulda got the PRM rear grab bar powdercoated now. if anyone is wondering about a rear grabbar get the one i have. we loveit. its so easy to move the 4-wheeler around using it. plus it offers great protection and is really light.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah i forgot. i added little chrome skull valve caps. they have red eyes. im also looking for the little black plastic cones that go over the bearings on the front wheels. ive got one but need another

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
dang those do sound like a pain in the ass to put on...

i like the bullhorn bumper alot too..i wish pro armor would make one for the KTM but so far nothing yet..

i heard someone say that the ends are "pointed" or something and that it's considered dangerous for XC racing?? i dont know if thats true though..

it's a badass bumper though

·
Registered
77 Posts
well if anyone has put these on before they know how they are designed. you have to run a allen head bolt through this long tube to mount them where the original footpegs were mounted. had to go and borrow a long big allen wrench. then there is a hole through the same tube that the nerfs themselves slip over and they have a hole that is supposed to line up with the first hole. the hole was going up and down and needed to go side to side. i ended up having to drill a big hole my self which was pain in the ass. i called them about it and i was supposed to talk to "michelle" i think with any technical questions. no offense to the ladies but that kinda scared me. and she didnt call me back for three days. i took care of it my self. now that they are on there i love them. also i was impressed with the lightness of them. as far as front bumpers go i seen a bullhorn retrofitted on one on here somewhere that i really liked. i kinda wished i woulda got the PRM rear grab bar powdercoated now. if anyone is wondering about a rear grabbar get the one i have. we loveit. its so easy to move the 4-wheeler around using it. plus it offers great protection and is really light.
actually i ran into the same problem with the mounting...but it sounds like you mounted the footpeg mount backwards, we had them on three different time in three different patterns. I would have to say that they look awesome work awesome but they really need to include some better instructions or consider making them easier to install overall. This is the first pair that i have ever installed so maybe they are all this way but when you have to take off the right rear tire and remove your exhaust just to get the last bolt in which requires two spacers it gets a little annoying...good product, with lots of room for improvement.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually i ran into the same problem with the mounting...but it sounds like you mounted the footpeg mount backwards, we had them on three different time in three different patterns. I would have to say that they look awesome work awesome but they really need to include some better instructions or consider making them easier to install overall. This is the first pair that i have ever installed so maybe they are all this way but when you have to take off the right rear tire and remove your exhaust just to get the last bolt in which requires two spacers it gets a little annoying...good product, with lots of room for improvement.
i may have put them on backwards but i put them up there in every possible posistion and swapped sides several times. but i do agree good product but sucks installing

·
Registered
430 Posts
i may have put them on backwards but i put them up there in every possible posistion and swapped sides several times. but i do agree good product but sucks installing

i second that. mine were a pain in the ass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts