KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of the new battery box offered through KTM! Looks good! Part #U6909857 retails for $75.00

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here is a picture of the new battery box offered through KTM! Looks good! Part #U6909857 retails for .00
I wonder if it holds a bigger battery like the one that Kiser sells.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should! It looks taller than stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
silly question, but is the point?
just in case i need more power for my subs, and 6x9's? ha ha. smart ass, i know.
really though extra lights?

·
Registered
118 Posts
silly question, but is the point?
just in case i need more power for my subs, and 6x9's? ha ha. smart ass, i know.
really though extra lights?

The stock battery is crap - doesn't hold a charge and barely has enough cranking amps to turn it over. I made my own bigger battery box to fit the YFZ battery. This box is reasonably priced though. I just wasn't paying $129 + shipping for the over sized one that T&K makes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The stock battery is crap - doesn't hold a charge and barely has enough cranking amps to turn it over. I made my own bigger battery box to fit the YFZ battery. This box is reasonably priced though. I just wasn't paying 9 + shipping for the over sized one that T&K makes.
I have problems with my KTM stock battery. I think it is so small ( 4 ah..... LTZ400 baterry is 8 ah). Four years with no problem in my LTZ400 battery, very fast start every time. Now with the KTM 525 XC stock battery i had problems 2 times in 2 months.

I will go to made a new battery box to fit the LTZ400 battery into my KTM.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
whilst it's a nice looking battery box, it looks like it's made for the stock battery, which is pretty gutless even on a good day in the SX. Possibly a taller battery would be the go though if it had more Amps ???

·
Registered
112 Posts
hadn't had problem with my battery. guess that will be something to keep in eye out for. as for the b box breaking, wow, i thought i pounded it hard, but i guess i just need to get to the next level like you guys.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I just got my new battery box yesterday and have it installed. Well worth the money. The stock plastic box just doesn't hold up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
DId you happen to take any pics?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
just go for the 7 series battery for a TRX, fits straight in with way more cranking power

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
just go for the 7 series battery for a TRX, fits straight in with way more cranking power

The stock battery is pathetic. So your saying a trx battery fits in the stock box and has more power.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
wow i didn't know everyone was having problems with the stock battery

i dont feel so bad now, mine turned over everyday last summer but my stocker was shot after my rebuild so i just put a parts unlimited on today and it turned over pretty solid

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
7 series battery, yup I posted the part numbers and comparative CCA values, I fitted mine yesterday, slips straight in, termianals same way around, even the dash lights seem brighter !

stocker YTX5L-BS, size 114mm x 71mm x 106mm, rated at a wimpy 70 CCA... used in various 50 / 80 / 90 cc quads...... gads........ no wonder it's pathetic.........

Ideal replacement looks like a YTZ 7S, 113mm x 70mm x 105mm, 130 CCA is this the ideal swap in ??? - battery for 06 - 07 TRX 450R,

kiwi

·
Registered
42 Posts
7 series battery, yup I posted the part numbers and comparative CCA values, I fitted mine yesterday, slips straight in, termianals same way around, even the dash lights seem brighter !

stocker YTX5L-BS, size 114mm x 71mm x 106mm, rated at a wimpy 70 CCA... used in various 50 / 80 / 90 cc quads...... gads........ no wonder it's pathetic.........

Ideal replacement looks like a YTZ 7S, 113mm x 70mm x 105mm, 130 CCA is this the ideal swap in ??? - battery for 06 - 07 TRX 450R,

kiwi

I don't know the size, but the Polaris Outlaw battery is a 9AH. YTX9-BS Starts very fast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts