KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it goes, i just got a sponsorship opportunity with KTM and I am seriously considering it even though i just dumped a ton of money in a suzuki for 09 that hasnt even been ridden yet lol i need to know how happy you guys are with this bike and any problems you have had, any problems with frame or anything like that? Thank You guys and I look forward to hearing from you guys Asap

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
No problems here. I've raced mine in TT and XC stuff and it's held up great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i race mx, ill be racing all nationals next season, so ill be buying the 450sx, this is the one i want to know the most about, idk if thats what you have or not but it kinda sounds like you have the xc, sorry if im wrong lol but thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 505sx and i will be racing it this season. IMO it is awesome, have done just over 10 hours and have had no problems what so ever. Pulls hard in every gear, love the suspension. I will only be putting on precision steering damper, flexx bars, hmf slip on exhasut and rath nerf bars. I think that you should take the offer from KTM, it is just an awesome quad.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, good info, im about 95% sure that i will be taking the deal, im pretty excited, i cant wait til i get them

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
450sx here, thing rips, stock tires wear out like nothing but do they ever hook up. pain in the ass to start sometimes though,. especially when its cold or the engine's really hot, use the hotstart if you stall any time after youve warmed it up. stock shocks are ovedrdampened, needs a pipe, a slip-on is all you need te header is fine

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not yet. People will he jumping on the bandwagon as soon as race season hits with this bike Im sure ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
im on here all the time. its not that busy but it sure is helpful, these guys know the KTMs inside and out

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
k thanks, man this site isnt very busy is it? :unsure:
oh it does pretty good...theres not nearly as many ktm riders as all the yamaha and honda riders...the ktm's have only been out for a little while..if this was a YFZ forum it'd be hoppin..

just give it some time B)

good luck with your SX!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
me and my dad have been really discussing this and are almost sure that we want to do this and go through with it but there are still a few things that are on our minds, we are both afraid that parts are going to be hard to get for this thing, not aftermarket but stock OEM stuff like oil filters, and all that good stuff. Any opinions on this problem? thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
oil filters are easy to get. had no problem with that. the warrenty claims are the issue right now it seems. been waiting two months (and counting) for new tank due to stripped bolts. and when the brake bracket broke i waited about the same amount . the brake problem was fixed for 09, but not sure about the tank bolts.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
the a-arms for the xc took a while, but other than that we got all our stuff quickly and easily, i dont know why people have these worries about parts availability.

trust me higgerson, itll be the best descision youve ever made, my xc went through 5 days of track time in a row, riding for at least 3-4 hours a day and idling for twice that time, then a race weekend that saw it run 12 motos, without an oil change, with no mechanical problems whatsoever

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
oil filters are easy to get. had no problem with that. the warrenty claims are the issue right now it seems. been waiting two months (and counting) for new tank due to stripped bolts. and when the brake bracket broke i waited about the same amount . the brake problem was fixed for 09, but not sure about the tank bolts.

its been fixed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts