KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First xc race today on my 525xc. Bike started 8 times before my class 30+a started, then I tried gassing it and starting it for my class and proceeded to start 30 seconds behind all 18 riders in my class. So afer lap 1 (9 mile course) was in 8th place. Bike handled awesome everything perfect, am I the only one who ends up on the tank a ton and have to remember to sit back? Power was perfect, elka system 3 made steering nice. Track was muddy, but controls still worked flawlesss, well until tree came out of nowhere on lap 3 after 1 full lap with a flat rear tire. At least when I flipped it, i got a chance to check out the bottom of the bike!! Anyway, finished 3rd and realized one thing.

As an average rider the bike is awesome and very forgiving, but if I get better, i can truely appreciate all that this beats has. Either I am a poor mechanic, or just luck. The only issue was bend bars (now i have an excuse for flexx) and a flat rear tire (yep you guessed it, reason for hypers)

I love this thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
First xc race today on my 525xc. Bike started 8 times before my class 30+a started, then I tried gassing it and starting it for my class and proceeded to start 30 seconds behind all 18 riders in my class. So afer lap 1 (9 mile course) was in 8th place. Bike handled awesome everything perfect, am I the only one who ends up on the tank a ton and have to remember to sit back? Power was perfect, elka system 3 made steering nice. Track was muddy, but controls still worked flawlesss, well until tree came out of nowhere on lap 3 after 1 full lap with a flat rear tire. At least when I flipped it, i got a chance to check out the bottom of the bike!! Anyway, finished 3rd and realized one thing.

As an average rider the bike is awesome and very forgiving, but if I get better, i can truely appreciate all that this beats has. Either I am a poor mechanic, or just luck. The only issue was bend bars (now i have an excuse for flexx) and a flat rear tire (yep you guessed it, reason for hypers
I
love this thing!
and tire balls LOL!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MC,

Do you slide up on the tank a ton and have to "scoot back"?

Also, I have only slighly adjusted suspension. I am 195 lbs and xc ride. Should I turn rear axle to lower, and if I do what about the front?

Seems like you know what you are talking about, thanks!

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
axle = do it. Adjust ride height on the front to close to zero preload and try it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dropped the overall ride ht on mine 3/4 by adjusting the crossover on the front shocks

I have not had a chance to ride it yet

But this did lower it a little

Should make the front end softer as wel

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dropped the overall ride ht on mine 3/4 by adjusting the crossover on the front shocks

I have not had a chance to ride it yet

But this did lower it a little

Should make the front end softer as wel
Is it really good idea top lower the ride for XC ??? what will you gain stability ???

Is this axle turnign thing designed to be turned for greater adjustability ???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it really good idea top lower the ride for XC ??? what will you gain stability ???

Is this axle turnign thing designed to be turned for greater adjustability ???

Lower CG is always a good thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts