KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I joined the Forum not so long ago. I was on the market for a ktm quad had a couple Yamaha yfz 450s and a couple banshees fancied a change so signed up to here and got some advice on which was the best ktm quad for my needs. I soon realised a 450 xc or 525 xc would suit my riding style. So went and bought a 2010 450 xc guy bought it new from my local ktm dealer and over the years had modified it somewhat but had barely used it as he was Middle Aged and worked away on the oil industry. The quad itself was like new came with lots of spares.

So I got it home and the road/ super moto set up wasn't for me although it was good fun on the road I wanted it for off road enduro riding. I'm quite fussy when it comes to my atvs/bikes so I started hunting on here and checking out what was the best suspension, axles, nerf bars, and so on.

Then it was time to get on eBay and start spending some money. I soon realised that the stuff I was trying to source was very expensive or hard to find. So with my quad stripped and parts away to the powder coaters I came across a well spec'd 505 sx it had everything I needed and more. Sx a arms upper I think lonestar lower a arms, pep pb1 shocks, sx swing arm and axle, uk bling nerf bars, beadlocks, sx steering stem, zip seat, steering damper. So I bought the 505sx stripped all the bits I wanted from that put all my xc parts I didn't want back onto the 505sx then re advertised the 505 sx for sale. She sold pretty fast and I got all my money back minus 拢500 so I basically paid 拢500 for all the parts I needed.

Here are some photos of how she's coming on just now 馃槈

1 - 20 of 36 Posts