KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be mx atv on the 21. of june, i am racing for the first time and so will the other´s, hehe for there have never been any official race before for atv´s. I will be racing my KTM 525 with no mods exept muffler and jetting, the other one´s will be racing yamaha 450 and Quadracers 450, i have no consern of power for i know i have the best bike for that conserns, i was thinking if you the proffs could give me any tip´s for examp, starting and cornering, should i use the widening on the rear or what, please give me some tips for i am going to win this one, there is one yamaha 450 with suspension mods and that is my only consern, exept for my health hehehe

I just love this KTM atv of mine and my RC8 is on the way!

Thank you
Eyvi
Iceland

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
lean hard into the corners, tight corners, come up to it hard, grab the clutch, rev it, then drop it, itll pivot you aroud the corner like nothing else, definetly use the widening on the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
np, good luck with your race man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Well, i was practising on the mx track where the race is going to be, to night, i have been doing laps there now for last 2 nights, i heard a rumor that the Yamha dude with the suspension mods had done a 2.28min lap the other day wich they say is good, well i did 2.26 to night so it´s going to be tight race. The only problem is that my clutch is bad, it is not slipping but the disk´s are so worn that they rattle in the clutch cage, has anyone had a problem with this?? also all my tierods are worn and one balljoint, thought this was race ready???

Keep you posted

Eyvi

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Good luck!
Definetly widen the rear end up.
Not heard of the clutch problem.
I have brand new take off parts that I can sell you cheap (tie rods and arms) I can ship to Iceland too.
Good luck!
Kam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck!
Definetly widen the rear end up.
Not heard of the clutch problem.
I have brand new take off parts that I can sell you cheap (tie rods and arms) I can ship to Iceland too.
Good luck!
Kam

Man o man, i was replacing the clutch disk´s, draind the oil and a little peace from a ball bearing came down, so i will open the engine and see what the hell is going on, will race on my brothers quad, wich is offcourse, KTM 525 hehe

Kam, please let me know what the price is for the tierods and arms???

Thank´s

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Well.

We ran 2 motos, i ended up in fourth place out of 15 atv´s. I was first out of both starts but armpump and stamina did not go my way, wich there is no one to blame but my self, for i did not work so much on that my self for the race, it was a good day and i had much fun.

Eyvi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts