KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Motul 15W 60

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kiwi-craig 
#1 ·
Hi

Motul launched a new product: MOTUL 300 V 4T Off Road Factory Line SAE 15W60. I am no oil expert and wanted to know from you if you think it is a good product for the SX engine? I dont want to start another debate of Rotella against any other oil. I just want to know your thoughts about it ...

Thanks
Jan

#4 ·
similar and probably a slightly better oil than the Motorex 10/60 which is recommended for hard racing use.

Motul is well acknowledged in racing circles as being a premium oil, where others give up the Motul keeps delivering.......

I'd look at it for sure if I was riding in higher temp situations

#5 ·
Hi

Motul launched a new product: MOTUL 300 V 4T Off Road Factory Line SAE 15W60. I am no oil expert and wanted to know from you if you think it is a good product for the SX engine? I dont want to start another debate of Rotella against any other oil. I just want to know your thoughts about it ...

Thanks
Jan
[/quote

Hahaha too late buddy.Rotella is gods gift for engines.Like it or not it beats the shit out of every oil ever produced..Past or present,AND on top of that is dirt CHEAP.Take THAT :rofl:

#7 ·
chuckle chuckle, I like that one.......

#8 ·
lolz

#9 ·
Since it came out we (supermoto riders) have used it in quite a few bikes (450 sxf, BB yz450 etc) and we all agree that shifting is super-smooth now, now issues with the clutch after hard use.

I agree that with something like XX-40 it will propably make more power but at 40C and hard use it would need changing.. every session

Compared to motorex 10w60 that I have used, just purring it in, feels like a 5-40 oil, its not as thick as you would expect

#10 ·
motuls not going to develop and produce something if there was not a demand from the racing teams…………...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.