KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who have feed back on Motoworks slip on ?
I have see this model on ebay (Motoworks website is not yet update for KTM)

Motoworks seems to have a good reputation specially with Can Am drivers (DS450).
I know than Motoworks have 2 Quiet core insert … I am looking for a quiet pipe ...

Somebody have informations on it ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motoworks-S...0#ht_500wt_1210

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just UP

Somebody have informations on this slip-on ?
I have send an email to Motoworks .... but without answer.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have my fmf slip-on for sale in the for sale section for cheaper than that. 200 dollars shipped. there is also a dyno of it compared to stock in the dyno section.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be carrefull JAKELTR450 I am living in France.
200$ shipped could be a very bad business for you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am not (yet) interested by a FMF Slip on ... I am collecting some informations about slip on available for KTM.
In France sound restrictions are really strict... and sound level is at 94db for 2010. (today 96db)

OEM Slip on is already too loud for this limitation ...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The akrapovic system comes with a 96db and a 94db insert.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quad97, is this pure marketing value ??? or a reality .... ???

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
The Akra comes with 96 and 94 inserts, these work and meet the sound tests,

That's the main reason why I went with teh Akro, they have had to meet the sound limits n Europe for years, we have to meet 96Db now and 94Db in 2010.

No point in buying a DASA as I wouldn't even get it past tech inspection........... as much as I'd like to have one.....

Eventually this will catch up with you guys in the US, the AMA is already stating 98Db in the US will be mandatory for 2010, enjoy those loud pipes whilst you can......

Us: we are working on a twin can system that will pass 93db, the Germans are already there.......

and produce as much tq and hp as the best open systems, allready been done on the YFZ and LTR is getting there also down under........ KTM SX is next........

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I will let you know how it performs and post some pics soon, mine should be here in a week.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Well here is the Motoworks. Looks pretty good and has a good sound to it. I'm heading out to the track this weekend to see if I feel any difference in power.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You will see about 1.5-2whp with it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
About how much louder is it than stock? Anyone run it with a db meter? The Oregon Dunes are getting more and more strict....

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
how do you loke your kenda klaws??? i have 20's on my 8 inch stock rims,,they ballon up pretty good for drag racing :)
These are the 18" sticky compound Klaws. They hook good but I have not run them enough to see how they will wear.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
About how much louder is it than stock? Anyone run it with a db meter? The Oregon Dunes are getting more and more strict....
I have not tested it yet, they say 98db but they also have a 94db quiet core for it

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was measured at 98.3 at worcs 2 weekends ago with no screen and fresh packing. I have a insert that I got from the motoworks/can-am team in phoenix when I needed to be repacked, I was over 99 & got down to 97.8 with the insert.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts