KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I wanna say thanks to ranchero for the bike and the hmf pipe purchase,and fuel atv for sending me the pipe to test. We spent quite a few hours doing this for you guys so I hope your grateful. LOL This was a new learning curve for us and the ktm wasnt easy to tune until we figured it out. We got it pretty damn good though. Mods on the bike are 41mm carb and modded box, and modded uncorked stock exhaust.
Ok here we go. This graph shows modded stocker vs. hmf full system. 4th needle clip and 180mj to tune out. From 5900 up the hmf makes good gains. Unfortunately below that it doesnt make jack.

This graph show modded stocker vs. dasa slip on. It took 3rd needle clip and a 190mj to tune out. Dasa makes really good power across the board right off idle. Huge torque and pulls really hard through the rpm range.

This graph shows all three pipes layed on top of each other. The dasa clearly makes more power than the hmf until about 7700rpms. The gains over the hmf down low are huge and the torque comes on hard. Though the hmf does make more power in the overrev and who knows could be a better suited pipe for a built motor. Only time will tell. Rachero is building his motor and Im hoping we can test some pipes on that build also. Now remember this test was over a modded stocker. Ranchero did some modding to the stock pipe that netted almost a 1whp more than stock. So you will notice killer gains over a stocker with either. Just depends where you like your power. For me the dasa would be the clear choice and if I get my sx like planned thats whats going on it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyones interested in the dasa used for the test let me know. Ill give it away for a good deal. Pm for details.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Graph is little hard to read, but when you say the Dasa slip on puts down better numbers at the low end than the full HMF. Im sold. I get high in the revs at times, but sometimes things happen a little to fast for me there. I love low end and mid grunt. One reason I have owed three V-twins in my life, not to mention V-8s compared to inline cars

·
Registered
196 Posts
nice, I am glad someone finally did this. I was going to buy a pipe but after seeing this I will just keep my stock one. $400+ for just 1 more hp. Ktm really know how to make a exhaust pipe.
thanks for your hard work.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually its about 1.5-2.5whp and 2ftlbs. cross the aboard with the dasa vs fully stock pipe. This pipe was modded pretty good. All that crap on the inside was cut out to make it straight through. Id say the dasa slip on is way worth it. I rode the bike with the hmf and you could really feel the difference, I could only imagine how strong the bike felt with the dasa on there. Crazy bottom and mid. Thats where this bike likes to be ridden any how.

·
Registered
112 Posts
thanks for the great info driver, i know which pipe i am telling santa i want! :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does anyone know how a slip-on FMF Factory 4.1 will compare to either the HMF or Dasa? Where the power will come in and what kind of gains can be expected? I've heard good things so far.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I can't see it on this company computer...any way you can post it directly using the forums attachment editor it is easy to upload from there also...

Exactly what I was saying about the HMF Full System it has a header that sweeps back quickly making it a high rpm or Drag race header instead of the header drop required for low end torque and Hp...Wonder what an HMF Slip On would do compared to the DASA?

Post your address or PM me and I'll send you a 41mm Carb to try and compare...Wish Bronson would send you his CT Sonic Full System to dyno...hint...hint... ;)

What air filter system are you running on the Quad?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know how a slip-on FMF Factory 4.1 will compare to either the HMF or Dasa? Where the power will come in and what kind of gains can be expected? I've heard good things so far.

Jake is sending me his fmf to test. Ill post those results as soon as I get it. Ive tested the fmf on a few other bikes with minimal gains. Im guessing it wont be much better then stock uncorked exhaust.

Filter was stock with box opened up.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if anyone wants that dasa they can have it for $340 shipped. I just need it gone

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
08 525xc

this one runs hard. Killer gains since stock.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you record afr's when you did the tests

Oh yeah, took a few times for sure to get the jetting right. 13.5 seemed to be the sweet spot on this machine. We tried the 14.0 are and lost power and the same around 13.0. Just like the mid 13s for power. Ltr's like it better around 14.0 on this dyno. All bikes are different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i wish you were closer, i got the 450sxf engine in a dirt track/tt chassis with a pipe i made, would love to get a real dyno tune from somebody willing to take the time to do it

·
Registered
23 Posts
what is the db of the dasa slip on
compared to stock unmoded muffler ?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Stock Was 97-98DB I don't remember testing the DASA, but it is loud I'd say around 105 db

·
Registered
409 Posts
i dynoed my 525 with 806 cam, hrc needle, 165mj, 45 pilot ect, full hmf pipe
i got 49.5hp BUT ONLY 31 TQ????
why i is sooooooo low

·
Registered
822 Posts
i dynoed my 525 with 806 cam, hrc needle, 165mj, 45 pilot ect, full hmf pipe
i got 49.5hp BUT ONLY 31 TQ????
why i is sooooooo low

What carb, what needle postion ? What was the A/F ratio?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts