KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Mino Products

10K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  ktmbill 
#1 ·
Team

With F2 racing no longer in business (as far as I can tell), I've been hunting for a deep fuel bowl nut. From the old F2 website before it was pulled:
The Fast-cap is a new product that came about as a result of our testing on the world's fastest dirt bike. At sustained higher speeds, the bike would start to run lean. It was running out of gas. The design of the stock float bowl cap allows fuel to flow away from the center, where the jets are fed.. The Fast-cap is designed to keep the fuel supply constant. The benefit is amazing! At sustained full throttle, like in super moto or desert racing, you can see more consistent and higher top speed. On the world's fastest dirt bike, we were able to pull 800 more RPM and 6 miles per hour top speed with no other modifications. For trail riding this also means more constant fuel and crisper throttle response.

I've seen lean out problems with a couple of SX-F 505 two wheelers at local TT events and there looks to be something in this.

Mino offer these in europe for the supermoto guys so I'm keen to try it out for this years TT champs.

It holds alot more fuel than the F2 bowl nut that's for sure.

[attachment=1579:Keihin_f...bowl_nut.pdf]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
you have to create an account on their web page, given all the scammers on the net, and europe is real bad, they want to be protected just like you and I

Mino registeration page

#8 ·
it clears, mino have advised they will do a new version 5 - 8mm shorter onthere next production run specifically for the quads !

#9 ·
it clears, mino have advised they will do a new version 5 - 8mm shorter onthere next production run specifically for the quads !

#12 ·
Added it to the list of parts I need to order! :D

#15 ·
the fuel res nut is all about preventing fuel flow turbulence at the end of the main jet and lean out at sustained Hi RPM, I call it piece of mind since our TT nationals are coming up......

There was a good article on the old F2 website about this and how they figured out what was happening.

For average use, probably nothing in it - maybe ??

I've seen several 505 two wheelers burnt up at the TT's (dead top ends / ruined cams) from sustained WFO so there is a possible issue that I don't want to encounter. Could be a whole host of reasons why, for a few bucks i'd like to eliminate one possibility.....

#16 ·
Actually my order just came in, took 3 days from the netherlands. got my fuel res nut and water pump impeller. They also threw in a hot start nut as well for free.

Probably wont do the impeller for a bit but gonna throw on the nut and see if it helps me WOT runs down the road.

#17 ·
Any of you guys actually run these with a A/F meter and see any differences?

#18 ·
I can tell straight up on the SX when WFO for an extended distance, without the nut it drops RPM and signs off on top, with it on, it holds max RPM for as long as I want, was quite an eye opener ! For TT and Desert racing I'd rate it as a must have for the SX engine.

#19 ·
Nice,I just ordered the fast cap and few other stuff from them,Thanks!

#20 ·
Do you have the mino website address?
Thanks

EDIT I found it above. oops

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.