KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tipped the KTM up on it's side today, nothing real crazy or anything but somehow I pinned my hand under it. It started swelling right away but I can move all of my fingers, so I'm wondering how to tell if one of the bones could be broken even though I'm not in pain. I thought I'd give it until tomorrow to see if the swelling goes down before I roll up to hospital.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I guess we are doung medical on here too now. Yep it looks jacked up better go to the doc.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
if you have sufficient insurance i would go to your general doc for an xray. he can take a peak and tell you if its broken or not and also get you some type of brace. i have broken numerous bones including both arms twice and you would know if its broken as you have a certain feeling when moving it.

i wouldn't go without any medical advice as your hands are very important. the last thing you want is limited use because you neglected medical help for something like this. in very rare occasions broken metacarpal(s) will require surgery to repair them. my little brother broke 3 metacarpals (bones) in his hand and it required surgery with plates & screws to get it all fixed.

i hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Threw up some better pics, it's not broken but it hurts like a mofo and will keep me from riding for a couple weeks. :angry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts