KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be attending the GNCC in Georgia in March.

If anyone is else is goin, ill be lookout for ya.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. What classes is everyone running. I will be in the Junior A class 22+

·
Registered
112 Posts
skipping it this year, but will be at morganton and union next month. can't wait! good luck. keep everybody up to date on finishes.

Last year had some of the KTM crew point out some good lines, i guess that is who they were, wore long back mechanic coats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
skipping it this year, but will be at morganton and union next month. can't wait! good luck. keep everybody up to date on finishes.

wore long back mechanic coats.
damn, i have to find one of those on ktm-parts,
with orange KTM lettering on the back.
lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ill be running the Junior b +22
My wife will be running Womens Novice most of the season and move up to womens A/B toward the end of the season. We have not gone to the KTM tent to get any help other than looking over there bikes but my wife wants to get Adam to sign one of her front fenders for good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
damn, i have to find one of those on ktm-parts,
with orange KTM lettering on the back.
lol
ktm450 you sound like a smart_ss, i think i like you. ha ha
and yes i do believe that they are in there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be there. I will also be at River Ranch.
50+ class.

Yikes, that's looks old in print.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i made it through and finished the General. The quad ran great after the rebuild. The high compression piston and 8/06 cam are well worth the money for the power. I would put it close to the 525 power. I had a problem with the chain coming loose and had to pit twice. But finally got it fixed. Just locktited the bolts.

The rekluse worked good. Its def going to take some getting use to, thats for sure. I talked with the rekluse guys about the best way to start and such, and they gave me some really good tips on how to preload so you shoot off the line. good stuff.

I also talked with the head mechanic of the KTM quads about the clutch having to be pulled in to start. He told me that it was possible to splice the wires so that the clutch did not have to be pulled to start. Good for using the rekluse.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well i made it through and finished the General. The quad ran great after the rebuild. The high compression piston and 8/06 cam are well worth the money for the power. I would put it close to the 525 power. I had a problem with the chain coming loose and had to pit twice. But finally got it fixed. Just locktited the bolts.

The rekluse worked good. Its def going to take some getting use to, thats for sure. I talked with the rekluse guys about the best way to start and such, and they gave me some really good tips on how to preload so you shoot off the line. good stuff.

I also talked with the head mechanic of the KTM quads about the clutch having to be pulled in to start. He told me that it was possible to splice the wires so that the clutch did not have to be pulled to start. Good for using the rekluse.
Do you have any more details about this preloading thing?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have any more details about this preloading thing?
Sure. They said to do the following.

When start the quad while on the line, like when the line before you goes, and apply the breaks. Push the gas until rekluse engages and the quad wants to go, hit the kill switch while still on the gas and the breaks. Staying on the breaks, get ready to start. When the flag goes, start the quad and release the breaks just as it starts. This works well with the clutch mod i described above, because your already in gear and just have to hammer the gas.

·
Registered
112 Posts
stryker how did you finish? now it is time to look forward to steele creek. i really liked steele creek last year.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stryker how did you finish? now it is time to look forward to steele creek. i really liked steele creek last year.

Not real well. 21st in the junior A class. I had to pit twice to tighten my chain, the bolts kept comming loose. And i def found that i am out of shape. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts