KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I noticed that my SX has na overflow can on it. And the Rear brake stay is THICK and HUGE. Mine had the recalls done at the KTM dock in WV.
I noticed also that when I pushed my shocks down on the quad that they are not too terribly stiff. They remind me of a set of Elkas. The rebound was fast on the front, the compression was decent. The rear pushed down about 3 or 4 inches and rebounded quick. So by the sounds of things, there MAY be different valving in the shocks. MAYBE. Remember guys, I weight 155 with my gear on and 140 with out. And I could push it down with NO issues.

But the bike looks WAY better in person!

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
sure sounds like it's different - mine would even move hardly.........

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure sounds like it's different - mine would even move hardly.........

Ya they are NOT as stiff as I have heard you guys saying. Either that or you guys are sissys :p
Im not sayin that I am a suspension guru, but I know what it takes to make a shock work good and know when it needs adjustment and where(usually). I just cant wait to take it out and tear it up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also Im not sure how your guys SX front brakes are but these feal pretty stiff, not firm, but stiff, like the clutch. Is that the way your machines feal?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Glad to hear you got yours, hopefully I be riding orange before to long. And btw, Im the same weight as you, so be sure to let me know how you like it after a good hard ride. Most stock suspension Ive had are always way to stiff for my weight. Also how flickable is it in the air, like how easy is it to throw around. :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear you got yours, hopefully I be riding orange before to long. And btw, Im the same weight as you, so be sure to let me know how you like it after a good hard ride. Most stock suspension Ive had are always way to stiff for my weight. Also how flickable is it in the air, like how easy is it to throw around. :D
Oh I will let you know fo sho! I like my shocks a little stiffer than most shock companies riding specs are for me. But I will have a pretty in depth riding report as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Congrats Brad, sounds like it's been one of those days for you.... see you in a couple weeks,

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I dont have it yet! I ran into an issue in finance, so i will have to take care of it friday, or next week when that dealership gets back fom some dealer trade show:( Trust me, Im not excited!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It's interesting that you said it has no overflow bottle on it. I was thinking that I was going crazy. The first one my dealership sold didn't have one, but the two we have on the floor now do..... I was thinking that my memory was wrong but this seems to be the case that some have them and some don't?

·
Registered
880 Posts
They also milled the bottom of the spindle for more clearance at the bottom ball joint.
Bill

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's interesting that you said it has no overflow bottle on it. I was thinking that I was going crazy. The first one my dealership sold didn't have one, but the two we have on the floor now do..... I was thinking that my memory was wrong but this seems to be the case that some have them and some don't?

Well, like the LTR450, the found issues/complaints with the bike on the first batch, so they addressed and fixed the problem on the sencond batch.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They also milled the bottom of the spindle for more clearance at the bottom ball joint.
Bill

GOOD! I really didnt want to have to do that! ANd also the rear brake and front brake and MAYBE shocks! WAY TO GO KTM!!!!!!! :2thumbsup:

I think what I will do as soon as I get mine here to the house. I will make a thread about the SX's 2nd batch fixes so people will know what was addressed from KTM.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
mine doesn't the overflow bottle, so the next batch does aye....... hmmmm

·
Registered
568 Posts
do you guys mean the oil resevoir tank? because only the xc motors have them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts