KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put my new frame guards on tonight, for only 25 bucks i think they'll be a good investment..

i'm having one problem though, i have to replace the bearing on one of my A-arms and i cant get the son of a gun out of the dam A-arm so i'm gonna bring it down to our dealer tomorrow and have them press it out...

that is unless anyone else has a recommendation on how i'm supposed to get the thing outa there? i wacked it with a hammer about 100 times, thing didnt even budge...and yes i took the snap ring out of it..

HERES SOME PICS!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
You can do it in a vice, but you need a piece of pipe the same inside diameter as the outside of the ball joint. this will give the ball joint some where to go as you wind the vice up.
You'll never get there with a hammer.
Takes no time with a small press. Good cheap investment from a local tool supplier.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like i'll bring it down to my dealer tomorrow morning and have them press it out...glad i didnt spend awhole lot of time on it lol..

looks like i'll be riding by tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did my ball joints on my predator and they are same just get the right size sockets and a good vice and ur in there like swim wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts