KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanted to know if it is easier to get a ktm threw ktm or get a loan through your own bank..i have perfect credit but have only had it for 6 months lol

Is it a green sticker bike????

and any tips for the bike so ill have a heads up like problems or anything thanks guys :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
they told me it was a green sticker but i got a red one in the mail. so i have to call the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
568 Posts
alright thanks any tips?

-cut out the airbox scoops in the airbox.
-watch the john maley walkthrough video online at atvscene or atv riders. it is very helpful. and watch it again.
- take off the endcap of the exhaust and remove both spark arrestors. one you can access through the outside and the other you have to completely take off the end cap. you have to grind off the inner spark arrestor.
- then ream out the threads which hold in the outer spark arrestor. i used an electric burr.
- remove all lights
- put on hood
- put some numbers on it and go racing.
- i drilled out two holes where the rear light goes so i can put on a rear number plate.
- i run 12psi in the front and 9 in the rear.

-most importantly take good care of it, and recommend them to everyone. we all need ktm to sell more so this bike doesn't end up like the cannondale quads. the more they sell the more aftermarket companies will make things for them. also the more they sell the more money they can invest in advancing the quads.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-cut out the airbox scoops in the airbox.
-watch the john maley walkthrough video online at atvscene or atv riders. it is very helpful. and watch it again.
- take off the endcap of the exhaust and remove both spark arrestors. one you can access through the outside and the other you have to completely take off the end cap. you have to grind off the inner spark arrestor.
- then ream out the threads which hold in the outer spark arrestor. i used an electric burr.
- remove all lights
- put on hood
- put some numbers on it and go racing.
- i drilled out two holes where the rear light goes so i can put on a rear number plate.
- i run 12psi in the front and 9 in the rear.

-most importantly take good care of it, and recommend them to everyone. we all need ktm to sell more so this bike doesn't end up like the cannondale quads. the more they sell the more aftermarket companies will make things for them. also the more they sell the more money they can invest in advancing the quads.
thanks great tips ill do all except for cutting the air box and taking out the inner spark arrestor cause i want it mostly stock except for for fasset flexx and precision so its still under factor warranty but after its up ill for sure do it....could u feel a gain of power when doing these two??

·
Registered
568 Posts
thanks great tips ill do all except for cutting the air box and taking out the inner spark arrestor cause i want it mostly stock except for for fasset flexx and precision so its still under factor warranty but after its up ill for sure do it....could u feel a gain of power when doing these two??
i did all of this before i even rode it. the airbox cutting is not a hatchet job. it is meant to be cut. watch the video i told you. when you buy it, it will have removable side scoops on the airbox. but they are plugged. in the video, john maley shows you where to cut them. then you reinstall the scoops. also remove the extra snorkel. now you have more fresh air. they were designed for the airbox cuttting.

also factory warranty is only 30 days. ktm knows they made a true mx bike.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did all of this before i even rode it. the airbox cutting is not a hatchet job. it is meant to be cut. watch the video i told you. when you buy it, it will have removable side scoops on the airbox. but they are plugged. in the video, john maley shows you where to cut them. then you reinstall the scoops. also remove the extra snorkel. now you have more fresh air. they were designed for the airbox cuttting.

also factory warranty is only 30 days. ktm knows they made a true mx bike.
i watched it but i thought the warranty would be longer lol so i guess imma do it then haha...and also one more question is there a noticeable power change with the fmf from the stocker with both arrestors out

·
Registered
568 Posts
i watched it but i thought the warranty would be longer lol so i guess imma do it then haha...and also one more question is there a noticeable power change with the fmf from the stocker with both arrestors out
i would guess maybe a 1hp difference. not much. but remember i also reamed out the exhaust end hole. i made it bigger. on the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would guess maybe a 1hp difference. not much. but remember i also reamed out the exhaust end hole. i made it bigger. on the stock exhaust.
oh i think ill just keep the stocker then and thanks a lot bro youve been a big help

·
Registered
568 Posts
no problem. i am going to send my pipe to driver for a dyno test compared to hmf and dasa. so you may want to read up on that.

also if you need help or have a question, i will gladly help you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no problem. i am going to send my pipe to driver for a dyno test compared to hmf and dasa. so you may want to read up on that.

also if you need help or have a question, i will gladly help you.
nice thanks i will and ya if i need help with anything ill let u know thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i am going to send my pipe to driver for a dyno test compared to hmf and dasa. so you may want to read up on that.

OOOOOOOH! I cant wait! thats next week right!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts