KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my ktm/cr500 build turned out to be a big mistake I sold the engine and started a ktm/trx250r build, after fitting the engine swingarm mount and bottom mounts I had my local mod shop fab the front engine mounts and a fatty pipe made to fit the chassis, after putting 10 hours on it and not being able to take the smile off my face when riding it I decided its time for some more horsepower :) I contacted arlan at led preformance about building a 431 puma engine and custom exhaust and intake and he was excited to take on the build :) I found a good engine that has only been opened up once and a low hour 525xc rolling chassis to start this build fresh, arlan should be starting to work on the engine this month and then I have to ship him the chassis.Plans for build,Engine:-431cc CPI puma big bore kit,-led custom porting,-welded and balanced crank with ktm rod,-sling shot clutch,-cyroed and back cut tranny,-Ricky stator ignition to run lights/fan,-led exhaust and intake,-40mm billit smart carb,Chassis:plus 4 swing arm,-shocks ?,-all black plastics,-custom rad decals,-carbon fiber steering stem/bars/tie rods,-sx a-arms/seat/fuel tank,-presision steering damper/antivibe bar clamp,Here's some pics of the swingarm mount and front mount, I'm gonna let arlan do the bottom mounts, more pics to come

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
What kind of riding do you do? Where? Just around GP? Should be a beast

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ride trails/dunes/dirt roads and go to Brule on the long weekends, I'm really gonna try to keep this one strictly dune quad, hopefully get some trips to Oregon dunes

·
Registered
14 Posts
let me know when you will be taking it to brule. I go there quite often and would like to see it go.

·
Registered
242 Posts
whats the plan for kickstarter fitment with frame?... very interesting project! I wish Arlan will keep the templates for the pipes and engine mount...!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats the plan for kickstarter fitment with frame?... very interesting project! I wish Arlan will keep the templates for the pipes and engine mount...!
Just using a stock kicker, it fits perfect under the frame rail but theirs not much forward movement so might have to use a decompression button on the cylinder, I'm sure he will keep the templates, I think a lot of ppl will be interested in doing this conversion if it turns out good

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Awaiting the ride report!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts