KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fifteen year old Ben Hodgson used the power of orange to secure his first CMRC ATV national number one plate on his KTM 450 XC atv. Ben has had and excellent string of top finishes this season on a mostly stock quad and currently sits second in the Ontario Cmrc Atv Junior series. After qualifying well on Saturday, Sunday's final race,saw the top three riders, Hodgson, Joel Basaraba from Severin bridge ,on and Wyevale Ontario's Joey Bailey, break away from the pack. Basaraba crashed hard at the top of a technical uphill series of jumps leaving Hodgson and Bailey to battle for the lead. Bailey led most of the race with Hodgson in hot pursuit. A daring last lap pass saw Hodgson take the win and the coveted number one plate. Later in the day the Lindsay Ontario rider also moved up into the Pro-am class to try his luck against the pro and intermediate racers. Riding with the faster more experienced racers pushed Hodgson to raise his riding to the next level including completing a breathtaking 80 foot double jump twice during the race to stay in front of a hard charging Luke Lester. Lester is a former pro snowcross racer the was filming a segment for dirt traxx television on ATV racing. A last corner last lap get off cost Hodgson a forth in Pro -am but he was able to remount in time to claim fifth. Ben would like to thank his sponsors HB CYCLE,KTM , HINDLE EXHAUST, SCORPION HELMETS, RACE TOYOTA, TEKRIDER TEKVESTS AND THOR MOTORSPORTS and of course his crew ..Mom and Dad

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was quite a battle, it had rained and was really muddy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Ben. Congrats. Was talking to your dad Phil couple weeks ago at HB. I'm the 77 white suzuki thats always around. Jay van.G from your shop and I are gettin todether with some others to go to Xtown if your down.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm, white suzuki. MMRS or CMRC? Xtown? is that tillsonburgh, if so im in man, i cant believe jays gonna try to ride with that pin in his leg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I started out the MX season at MMRS then raced mostly CMRC and ESMRA supermoto. Xtown is the new place in quebec. supposed to be pretty cool, but i'll be going to tillsonberg a few times a month coming up, let me know man [email protected]. ya, Jay's a maniac, now he's got a new sled too.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nevermind, i went to the chiropractor today and no rding or playing hockey for me till my backs fixed. what class did you run?

·
Registered
17 Posts
nevermind, i went to the chiropractor today and no rding or playing hockey for me till my backs fixed. what class did you run?
Brutal man. Well get your backed fixed.Raced Pro Supermoto on the LTR, ATV A at MMRS, and didn't do any CMRC MX this year but did some pro/am races the year before. I think your buds with Jay Denault, He knows who I am

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah me and jay are pretty tight, he needs to convince his dad to buy my xc, all those mods done to it and were askin 8 grand but his dad thinks itll be cheaper to do up his LTR.

may 4th or 8th at port perry thers a $10 practice ride for cmrc guys, you should come out and give it a try

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah me and jay are pretty tight, he needs to convince his dad to buy my xc, all those mods done to it and were askin 8 grand but his dad thinks itll be cheaper to do up his LTR.

may 4th or 8th at port perry thers a practice ride for cmrc guys, you should come out and give it a try
Ya. I ride port perry a ton. Barry is a pretty good guy to me for comin out and riding whenver. I'll be doing all the CMRC races next year and on off weekends MMRS. I only raced part time last year cuz of school, but this year is all business. I'll be riding long before may 8th at port perry thats for sure. I've raced ATV a and some CMRC races at port perry. next to kawartha thats my favourite track

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
idk, not sure how much i like kawartha, parry sound is incredible, sannonville is good, do you do the long ass table at port?

what class will you be in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
At port perry I do all the jumps, I'm not sure if you mean the finish line table or the triple table a few turns after the whoops. But I do both when I get enough drive outta the corners. MMRS ATV A and Intermediate and PRO/AM for CMRC, but for CMRC Supermoto Pro. Shannonville looks to be a good track, never rode it before but I seen it when I went to a race when I was hurt. I can't wait to have the spring come. Do you snowmobile at all??

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 90 footer out in the middle. i usually do but i havent been out lately, ill see you on the line at cmrc then, you can tell me how my roost tastes lol jks man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts