KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I posted that info up one here sometime back, table was put together by Cut 7 and the RFS guru's over on KTM Talk. 8/06 was the SX camshaft on the RFS mx engines. Works good in stock to modded 450's and 525's

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted that info up one here sometime back, table was put together by Cut 7 and the RFS guru's over on KTM Talk. 8/06 was the SX camshaft on the RFS mx engines. Works good in stock to modded 450's and 525's

Cool, just wanted to be helpful. I have the 8/06 in my 450 13.5:1 and headwork and it has no bottom end at all compared to my stock 525. This is why I am not so sure about all this talk about low end on the 8/06 cam. I have not gotten my bungs in yet to check how it is tuned with my wide band, so maybe it is off.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Jeff: a 525 has way more low end than a 450 anyway, I run an 8/06 in an otherwise stock 450 and find it a great setup, yes slight low end loss but not an issue or a disaster ? It is an MX type spec and power delivery. I've done plenty of tight through the trees stuff and found it good also and why I was happy to suggest it as a good allround upgrade ???

Went up one size on the idle and one notch on the clip, but stayed at 165 on the main (stock exhaust) any more on the main and it went into a rich burble and mis fire on the top end. The lively mid and better rev out was way worth it. Would have though your 13.5:1 would easily cover it ? in terms of low end. Head work, KTM's ports are already on the big side for a 450 ??

Is this on an outlaw ? Airfilter set up ?? Pipe ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have Ktm 505 sx atv were you able to run 91 octane on that 13:5 comp piston?or do you have to run race fuel? And are web cams ok to use with the stock valves? Pls reply need help love my ktm505sx atv but wanna get the most out of my motor but at the same time reliable. Don't wanna go full race motor. Thanks

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
SX; leave it stock.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts