KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of the KTM neoprene shock covers and they came with 4 zip ties, are these used on the end on each shock or something? Seems like the covers will be fine as is since they are form fitting? Just wondering if I'm missing something. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup, you got it ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just unbolted the bottom shock bolt and slipped them on (I really wrestled them on! :lol: ), I'll go ahead and zip them on each end. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I only used the zip ties on the top because the bottom is really tight fitting and I want to be able to "lift up" the cover to access the rebound adjuster if need be. I'm pretty sure they would stay in place at the top as well without a zip tie, but I threw one on there anyways.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only used the zip ties on the top because the bottom is really tight fitting and I want to be able to "lift up" the cover to access the rebound adjuster if need be. I'm pretty sure they would stay in place at the top as well without a zip tie, but I threw one on there anyways.
I'll try one on the top, that sounds like a good idea. What part of Phoenix are you from BTW? The reason I ask is because I grew up in the Mesa/Chandler area and saw your avatar. Thanks for the reply too!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll try one on the top, that sounds like a good idea. What part of Phoenix are you from BTW? The reason I ask is because I grew up in the Mesa/Chandler area and saw your avatar. Thanks for the reply too!
No problem. I actually really like the shock covers so far.

I live in Anthem, which is about 15 minutes north of Phoenix, up I-17. I currently work in east Mesa off of the US60 and went to ASU in Tempe of course, so I know the area pretty well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I tried running them with no zipty on top (cuase it doesnt really fit very nicely) and they slid down after a 10minute moto, so i added the zipty up top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts