KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it in the atv section for the 09 hard parts. Does it just replace the factory start/headlight/on-off swith or is it for replacing the thumb throttle tps switch? thnx in advance

·
Registered
121 Posts
Saw it in the atv section for the 09 hard parts. Does it just replace the factory start/headlight/on-off swith or is it for replacing the thumb throttle tps switch? thnx in advance
i think its for replacing the key........getting rid of the key........i think.......not sure.......could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It replaces the black blob(headlight,kill, start) on left side only...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap, it was cool lookin. I hoped it would replace tps swith for a twist throttle. So its a momentary on switch...right?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Crap, it was cool lookin. I hoped it would replace tps swith for a twist throttle. So its a momentary on switch...right?

Yup, just like a kill switch(not button)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes but my intention was to have a clean single switch for the twist throttle conversion instead of drilling my plastic and using the motion pro button. The motion pro button failed on my buddys quad after one day due to sand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok new thought, would the ktm map switch work. When you turn the key on, you just flick the map switch once and you are good to go. Right? The switch is a on/off switch.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I'm sure you could use it for this. Thats actually a good idea. All you would have to do is splice it into the part that plugs into the TPS and there you got a better sealed switch.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ok new thought, would the ktm map switch work. When you turn the key on, you just flick the map switch once and you are good to go. Right? The switch is a on/off switch.
the start switch would work better since the MAP switch is not a momentary switch but a on off. you need the momentary one. Ever thought about using the kill switch? It is already there and could work

·
Registered
118 Posts
the start switch would work better since the MAP switch is not a momentary switch but a on off. you need the momentary one. Ever thought about using the kill switch? It is already there and could work

I just ordered the start switch to replace my motion pro. It still works but have heard to many stories of it failing. Will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes but my intention was to have a clean single switch for the twist throttle conversion instead of drilling my plastic and using the motion pro button. The motion pro button failed on my buddys quad after one day due to sand.
It is not necessary to drill your plastic.
I have put mine on the instrument panel (a Rox Speed Fx)
You need to give more longer to your cable (goes into electronic shop )

Sorry for the poor quality of my picture ... i have used my Iphone.
[attachment=1246:photo_1.jpg]

For my point of view you can't used the starter button to bypass the TPS sensor ...

I am also using one on my 450 SX (in order to replace the OEM system) but I am not really sure than this starter button is a normally closed system.

I hope than you can understand my post ... my english is not really academic :huh: :huh: :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, from what I understand, the TPS needs a normally closed circuit with a brief open circuit when the key is turned on to bypass the thumb to twist throttle conversion. So a start button or kill button won't work because they are both normally open with a momentary closed circuit when your are pushing it.....so if I haven't confused you folks yet(i sure was) the map button should work, because it will stay closed. I will let you how this works by thurs when I install it............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts