KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a 2009 450XC that I want to get a slip-on for. I am basically a weekend warrior and only do a few races a year. Before everyone says go with the KTM Bill pipe I just want to state that I am just interested in a slip-on silencer. I do respect the KTM Bill pipe and I know it’s proven to produce very good gains over any aftermarket pipe on the market, however I feel for my use of the quad a slip-on with the stock header will do just fine for me, for now.

I am looking for any information I can find on the KTM/FMF silencer (the black can). I know the stock XC canister is pretty choked up from the factory. What kind of gains can be found with this slip on? To me it looks like it has the same design as the FMF Powercore 4 (same price too), just with a different exterior look. I've also read on this forum that it has the same power as the FMF Factory 4.1, however I don't know if this is true. If anyone can help me piece any information together that would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have am HMF slip on in great shape for sale on here
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to buy just yet. HMF makes a great pipe, yours looks like its in great condition from the pics and it's at a great price, someone will pick it up.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
the fmf ktm slip on is a good slip on. thats what i run on my practice quad. if i recall correctly your looking at about 2hp better than the xc stock can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts