KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for the link on the ktm site to fill out the application for financing but its not there anymore?? Anyone have it or know where I can find it? Also has anyone gone through KTM for financing? Is it the best option, I went through a local bank on my last quad and they gave me a crappy APR, and KTM's 5.99 sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a xc 450 last year well long story short I was going to get a sx 450 for next race season and I talked to my local dealer and he told me that ktm is having some problems with GE. Apparently GE is trying to make the credit approval rate go up so you now have to have next to neer perfect credit to own a new ktm. And the kicker is if you get a card from ktm/GE you cant use the credit card they give you now :( KTM as well as Suzuki and a few other atv manufactures are pulling out from GE due to this problem. They can't sell quads or dirt bikes because GE wants there customers to have a super high credit score. I asked him who ktm will go with and hes not sure yet. Ill post the details when I get them. Sorry guys but its not looking good for us working guys who don't have the greatest credit score.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, well I already talked to my bank and they said theyd offer me 6.99 apr, but Id like to go through ktm but if they are having problems with that stuff maybe I should stick with my bank??

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good luck with ktm. YOu need perfect credit to get it. A friend got turned away with a mid 700 score.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya Id still like to see if I can get approved or not, I just cant find the link to the financing approval form on the ktm site.

·
Registered
880 Posts
KTM has a new financing co. I think you have to go to your dealer
Bill

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have good credit and and could not get financed with ktm

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thats not sounding great for alot of people... I am a younger guy trying to build credit. I have alot of the funds already availble, but not all... What do you think is another good alternative? Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got my ktm last year, the dealer tried to give me a 14% when ktm was offering i think 6.99%. I basically called the finance lady a retard and told her why i wouldnt want the 6.99... She was like "some people just dont care" i was like well i care lol. Mine is also through GE.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Guys, the KTM financing in my opinion is a joke, I tried twice..I have decent credit and have not been turned down for a loan,..I tried by myself and then with a cosigner with almost perfect credit--no go..The best thing to do is find a dealer that works with other financing options..I just ordered mine and am awaiting arrival..My dealer went through a financer that applied to a bunch of different banks to compete for the best rate..I got credit by myself for in the mid 6% range..I am very happy with the results and the dealer for helping me in this way..No others where I live wanted to go the extra mile to help me out...I did not have time to do the legwork myself.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm just curious, for you guys that were turned down, did any of you ALREADY have a KTM card with a line of credit? I got a KTM card with my 525xc but that was before the economy went south. Now I've paid off my 525 I'm thinking about getting a 505sx, but I'm wondering if they are going to extend me the same line of credit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
you will have to re apply, i am in the same boat as you, just paid off my 525 asked about continuing the credit and they said I have to re apply.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It was a credit card you could apply for directly from the KTM website. They even gave you a response and credit limit within a couple of minutes, but this was back in the day--you know, last year when the economy didn't suck. My dealer just told me KTM will no longer be accepting new "revolving" accounts at the end of the month.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah it's tough all three credit reporting agencies have my score as 763 or higher, and no go on the 5.99%. I bought my 450xc on 3-13-09. I used the KTM Card 6 months same as cash. This is not a good loan, it jumps up to 17-19% after 6 months. I am using my refund which should be here shortly to pay it off so there won't be any problem. If you can't pay it off in 6 month's this deal can screw you! It might be beneficial to see what a bank/credit union gives for an apr. If you use the card and then try to finance it through a bank later, it should still be around 9-14%. This is b/c the bike is now used and used bike loans are higher than new. In my opinion if you can pay it off in 6, take the card, if you can't, go with some other financial institution for funds. The card is to take advantage of people!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts