KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

KTM factory cam chain tool

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  agubser07 
#1 ·
After having a chain failure, which in part i attribute to getting the link plate a fraction tight using a generic rear chain type tool I went out and bought the factory tool.

after using this a couple of times, it is a superb investment and a true piece of quality engineering, and pretty well fool proof.....

the tool has a multi function plate, first it sets the side plate to the exact right installed clearance, you can't pinch the link, second the peen is exactly like the factory, and the pin press works sweet as it runs out of travel on the tool just as the pin comes out, the tool head is just the right width that the pin then sits in the tool rather than drop out into the engine....

this is a quality tool and worth it IMO, no way in hell I'd try a generic chain tool again after using this gem.

Finger Nail Cable Electrical wiring Thumb
Machine tool Machine Auto part Nickel Metal
Finger Wood Engineering Electronic component Electronic engineering
Crankset Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting. They changed the color of it. I've been using the OEM one since 2008. Mine's black though, with a silver handle and silver crank. Either way, I've never had an issue with any of the chains I've done with the OEM tool. I always recommend it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.