KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in the dealer today to pickup my bike(they replaced the intake boot on their wallet as a goodwill deal since I only had a few hours on before it ripped) with my buddy who tagged along hoping that he might swing a sweet deal on the other 450xc that had been sitting there for the last two years.

We didnt see it on the show room floor so my buddy started looking around and saw it crated up in the back. When he asked about it they said KTM was buying back all the ATV's and there wasnt enough demand for them so they are discontinuing production of the ATV. When I asked about whether it was in the States or Internationally the Manager said "they're just not gonna make them anymore" So I dont even know what that means since they havent made any, atleast not for the states for the last two years. And when My buddy gave them an offer of 6500 they said no.

So thats the news I got today

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
more likely it has been sold to another dealer.........

highly unlikely that KTM is buying back old stock, would be a first time ever ?

They already give the dealers a rebate check when they move old units..........

·
Registered
47 Posts
It could be due to reputation, KTM imo does not like the fact that there prized machines are still out there 3 years later and cant be sold.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
could be, there are plenty of dealers still clearing out older models in the two wheeler lines, true through that none are likely to be holding 2008 stock.

Lets face it 2008/09 was probably the worst time in ATV history to be bringing a high end atv to market........

As the dealer I bought my XC from recently told me he is confident that the US market will sell out of the old stock by year end, so if you really want a new KTM don't delay to much longer.....

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
I have a few guys over here that already have orders in for the 2012sx. Supposed to be out in the next month or so. They are just to be exactly the same as the 2010 models. And i think i heard someone say there is only begonna be a run of 300 made. Whether that is for Europe only or internationally i don't know.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Like I said they are still making KTM quads in Europe and in the USA they are trying to sell off all the stock at the Dealers before they bring in more. If you are looking for one KTM North will tell you were to go to get it. Here is the number again 440-985-5995 x 6080 John Maley
Bill

·
Registered
409 Posts
a dealer around here quadpro.ca bought 30 to 60 NEW ktm from the usa!!!!
they are selling those around 8500-to 9000 $can here

·
Registered
97 Posts
We didnt see it on the show room floor so my buddy started looking around and saw it crated up in the back. When he asked about it they said KTM was buying back all the ATV's and there wasnt enough demand for them so they are discontinuing production of the ATV.
Okay here is the deal on this one!!

KTM dealers are allowed to send only once 1 old stock ATV unit of thier choice back to KTM. Then KTM will reinburse the total price the dealer paid for the ATV. In return the dealers have to purchase 3 bikes of KTMs choice. That is what KTM is offering to the dealers right now.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
lol knew there would be a catch.......... here's three old stock two wheelers we can't sell in exchange for that one quad !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts