KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

What is your exhaust choice ?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Has anyone seen or heard anything more on the DASA project? I've still yet to see the full system for the 525 XC they were supposed to have. They should be getting close I would think.

Why not call them instead of bumping this thread every other day???

Why not call them instead of bumping this thread every other day???

Every other day? You had to search back two weeks since the last time I asked a question of someone. Didn't just bump it though, just trying to converse with people. I didn't know that was a bad thing. I've tried getting ahold of them but gave up. Just thought other people might work more closely with them.

Every other day? You had to search back two weeks since the last time I asked a question of someone. Didn't just bump it though, just trying to converse with people. I didn't know that was a bad thing. I've tried getting ahold of them but gave up. Just thought other people might work more closely with them.
Was not trying to be a dick. I have just noticed that every other day this thread shows up as having a new comment on it, I click on the orange box that takes you to the last read post and its always your question asking if there was any new news. I just figured you were bumping the thread and then deleting the bump so it did not have a bunch of un-needed bump pots in it.

Carry on.

hate to dig up an old post but just curious on HP / Torque charts or number on these pipes..... do they make much more power than stock??

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Discussion starter · #50 ·
Heres one that just hit full production this week.
(I just happen to own this company)
http://www.voxformula.com/index.shtml
Straight through design that will accept different end caps to make USFS legal or quieter, depending on what your looking for with power vs. db.
Looking good B) , would you have some dyno graphs for it ?

Looking good B) , would you have some dyno graphs for it ?

Like our website says, our objective is to build the best looking and best performing slip-on pipe, period. I will try to answer all your question fully. We just opened the site for business and sales have already taken off more than expected.

Dyno results? Yes I will provide, and they will also be added to the site soon. But as you know they really dont hold much value due to the fact that all dynos read different, even the same dyno will provide completely different charts depending on air temp, humidity, etc. I would rather enter the Voxformula Pipe in a "shootout" using the same dyno on competing pipes.

The Voxformula slip-on for the KTM comes in at 98/99db. The YFZ450 is between 99/100db depending on build. So far to date the only optional end caps are what is shown on the site. The end bolt pattern is a very common 3-1/4"x6 which will accept other common six hole end caps.

Thank you for the interest.
-Paul

the fmf by ktm ,with the ktm tag on it is good or not , and how loud it is
I just ordered the KTM FMF slip-on. I should see it by the end of the week. From the dyno results it is not the best performer, but it has a nice tq curve. I got to see a KTM FMF slip-on in person and the build quality is top notch. I really like the black body with the KTM in orange on it. So I'm going for looks, quality and a decent power curve over the best power. Plus at a pretty good price.

I just ordered the KTM FMF slip-on. I should see it by the end of the week. From the dyno results it is not the best performer, but it has a nice tq curve. I got to see a KTM FMF slip-on in person and the build quality is top notch. I really like the black body with the KTM in orange on it. So I'm going for looks, quality and a decent power curve over the best power. Plus at a pretty good price.
I think you will be happy. It is definitely a louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud. I just put one on mine and it looks great and performs great. It seems to smooth out the overall power on my 525. The only thing I did not like is that it is universal for both the SX and the XC. Well the XC only uses the front mounting bracket so it looks a little weird with having the back mounting bracket and nothing to mount it to.

These Looney Tuned Duals look awesome on the KTM in KTM orange, but I am not sure I would want to add the weight of an extra pipe to my bike, especially on a 450. I know they are popular on the Raptors, but they pump out a TON of air. With the KTM, it makes more sense not to add an extra 7-10 lbs to your bike and just go with a strong single exhaust. I wish Curtis Sparks made a pipe for the KTM, I would buy it in a second. I loved my sparks on my 400EX and Raptor 700.

LTE Duals

There should be a little piece made of ti that goes inbetween the forward bolt of the upper fender bracket and the rear muffler mount. And this muffler does fit the same way on both models.
Well I bought mine used and it did not come with that Ti piece. I know what you are talking about as they show it in the picture of the KTM Power Parts catalog. I was wondering what that piece went to. The guy I bought it from told me that he only used the front muffler mount on his XC so that is the way I have it set up on mine. It seems to be holding up fine but still looks funny not utilizing the rear muffler mount. I wonder if I can order that Ti piece from FMF?

All in all I am happy with it. Sorry for the miss information in my prior post. Thanks for clarifying that.

good read but which one is the best overall not just power but the whole deal, the power curve, the volume, which sounds the best reliability and value for money. im looking at the yoshi simply because it seems to be really popular over here in aus espesially on the LT-R450 and have heard nothing but praise about it but not sure how it fares on the ktm (450xc)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.