KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

What is your exhaust choice ?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
diff headpipe for sure, the can may be the same.

you could probably sell your used can dude, someone here will buy it fo sho imo.

I like the price and the reviews of the HMF but they are really clamping down on sound in the Oregon Dunes. Is it really only 96db? (2 over the stock can according to this post) If so im sold. If not does the quiet core defeat the purpose of even getting an aftermarket pipe? (since the stock one is suposed to be better than most stock pipes)

Thanks

motoworks said the full system for the xc should be dropping in a week. they said they would e-mail me dyno charts at that time... hopefully they hold true, cause a lil over a month ago, they said 2 weeks... lol

The HMF "Sport" is around 100 Decibels on a Polaris Outlaw 525, so if its the Sport system, then its gonna be loud. The quiet cores does get it down to 96 Dbs! I bought a HMF QRS, which is WAY quieter, but maybe they don't make them for the KTM's?

The HMF "Sport" is around 100 Decibels on a Polaris Outlaw 525, so if its the Sport system, then its gonna be loud. The quiet cores does get it down to 96 Dbs! I bought a HMF QRS, which is WAY quieter, but maybe they don't make them for the KTM's?
I think ive seen people on here that have it but its not on their site and I cant find one anywhere. 96db should work. Most of the Oregon dunes have a 93 limit but I think as long as they know you are trying (ie quiet core) they leave you alone. Ive been running down there with a Dr D on my YFZ and no ones even looked at me twice. Not that it couldnt happen... Sandlakes is alot more strict on enforcement but their limit is 96.
Thanks

PS got a killer deal on the HMF through Race Mart, an ebay store.

talked to motoworks, they said i could have a full xc system shipped to me on monday of this week that just past, so its available, just no listing anywhere, and would have to go direct just in case anyone was wondering.

I bought the quiet core insert for my HMF but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to be using it soon, at a place where I know there's sound limits. For any of you that use the quiet cores from time to time, do you have to rejet when you install it? Maybe I can get away with not rejetting. Thanks

I bought the quiet core insert for my HMF but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to be using it soon, at a place where I know there's sound limits. For any of you that use the quiet cores from time to time, do you have to rejet when you install it? Maybe I can get away with not rejetting. Thanks
nope you wont need to rejet. I ran my yoshi TRC pipe the same weekend with and without the 94db quiet core insert and it just lost a little response with it in, and got wayyy quiet.

I would like to change my original vote from ; pro moto end cap / self modified can to ; LEXX slip on . I like the quality = anodized , screws not rivetts , premium packing , race tip diameter choices , Not Loud like others it has a deep low tone and Best of All is the Price / Affordable ! Noticed throttle snap and strong low / mid with average top power gains using the 40mm tip instead of 46mm tip on my 450 XC . Standard 46mm tip made it harder to set the AP squirt and the needle clip position . 46mm tip made it a WOT screamer with noticeable loss of bottom but good (quick) top over rev .

Also jst to let everyone know the Dasa full system for the XC should be ready in about a month they are using my 525 in about a week to build one!!

evman,

Is the DASA ready yet? What kind of increases are you seeing with the full systems? Post some #'s if ya got em. Thanks! :D

Also jst to let everyone know the Dasa full system for the XC should be ready in about a month they are using my 525 in about a week to build one!!

Has anyone seen or heard anything more on the DASA project? I've still yet to see the full system for the 525 XC they were supposed to have. They should be getting close I would think.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.